29.

yn argued with akari for the entire day that going out for ice cream with kuroo was not a date at all, just a simple hangout of two friends who hadn't had the opportunity to eat ice cream a few days before because of her father

yn argued with akari for the entire day that going out for ice cream with kuroo was not a date at all, just a simple hangout of two friends who hadn't had the opportunity to eat ice cream a few days before because of her father. nothing more.

would she like it to be something more? maybe, but she didn't want to get her hopes up. if kuroo wanted it to be a date, he would tell her so.

at least she assumed he would, because that was how she thought it worked. for the date to be a date, she had to be aware of it, right? 

so it was a little confusing when kuroo handed her a bouquet of pink roses and baby breath flowers tied with a ribbon.

yn paused for a moment, looking at kuroo to see if he was wearing a button-up shirt, but he wasn't, he was dressed very casually, as was she (akari told her she needed to wear a dress or at least a flowy skirt to not look too formal, but also not too 'i don't care about our date'), so it was still going out for ice cream, not just a cover for something more serious.

"what's the occasion?" yn asked, taking the flowers from him. 

she had always received a bouquet from her siblings on her birthday, but this was something completely different. it was the first time a guy had given her flowers as a romantic gesture.

"without an occasion," kuroo responded, smiling at her. "we never talked before what are your favourite flowers, so i just went for a classic."

"you didn't had to-"

"do you like them?" 

yn gazed down at the bouquet. she would have to learn how to dry flowers because they were too precious to let them wither and throw away. she imagined pink roses dried and hung on the wall of her room. she was never a fan of filling her space with meaningless things, but this... this would mean more than anyone could have imagined.

"i love them."

kuroo studied her soft expression, trying to remember every detail of her face for as long as possible. but he wasn't hoping to remember this one moment forever because he saw too many bouquets at the florist shop that he wanted to give to yn to rely solely on this memory. 

"that's all you needed to say."

"i don't have anything for you," yn said, giving in to doubtful thoughts as they began walking towards an ice cream shop.

"are you kidding?" kuroo chuckled and stopped. "look at yourself, that's for me, right?"

yn opened her lips as her face warmed up, wondering why he would say it that way. like she got dressed up for him, so he could look at her and, jesus, that was just—

"shut up," she muttered, crossing her arms over her chest.

"that's a yes?" he laughed.

"yes," she said even more quietly, but it was enough to put a smile on kuroo's face. "doesn't seem fair, though, i got flowers."

"and i got a date with gorgeous girl, seems pretty fair to me."

"a date?" yn chose to focus on that rather than how she just got called gorgeous, which would result in another red-cheeked problem.

"yeah?" kuroo confirmed, looking much less confident than he had just moments before, in response to yn's question. "it is a date, right?" he asked, a nervous furrow between his brows.

"god, you are such a looser," yn laughed aloud at his stressed-out behavior. "you were just teasing me and now you're all nervous and scared."

"you're easy to tease, it's not my fault i like it!" he said.

"and you're easy to stress out," she said calmly, placing a hand on his arm. "you never told me it would be a date, why are you getting stressed, because i didn't knew that it was official date?"

"i think i told you it's a date in my head and forgot to really do it," kuroo admitted, sighing, which made yn laugh. he raised his hand to take yn's one into his. 

"it amaze me how much of a wrong impression people can have of you, with how confident you can be on the outside."

"someday, we'll talk about the impression you can make on people," he huffed, shaking his head.

"you say i also have 'all of that'?" yn asked, smiling proudly. 

"you have-" he started, giving her a quick glance, but then turned his gaze away as he remembered how he made her look at him the first time he said it about him. "yeah, different 'all of that', but you make different impression than you are too," he said quickly. "for example, i would never guess from looking at you that your favorite ice cream is..." he said aloud, as if he was thinking.

"i thought you would already give up with guessing."

"nutella?"

"oh my god!" she cheered. "yes, it's nutella. how did you guess? did you ask someone?"

"no, i guessed it with the power of my big brain," he said, tapping his temple.

yuuto was the power of his big brain, yn knew. he asked her the day before why kuroo had suddenly asked her about her favorite ice cream and was so overjoyed to learn the answer. also, he panicked if he remembered it correctly. he did, and thank goodness, because otherwise, yn would have to pretend to like different ice cream flavor for the rest of her life just to see kuroo so happy with his 'guess'. 

kuroo asked her to wait in front of the ice cream shop so he could order for them and gloat even more about his fake guess, which he thought yn believed was true.

yn took the cone in one hand, the bouquet in the other, and hoped for a third hand to grow, because kuroo's hand seemed to be itching to hold hers.

⋆。𖦹°‧★˚🌸⋆⁺🏐˚⋆。˚★

another fun fact about this story, oryginal title was 'for a moment' and the plotline was more focused on something that was mentioned in first chapter

there's a part when yuuto and yn talks and she asks him to be honest with her for a moment, and it was supposed to be bigger thing between them that's showing up often in chapters and at some point kuroo would use their 'promise' and ask yn to be honest with him for a moment and boom that's the tittle

but as i was writing it, i couldn't figure out enough scenes for yn to drop the 'be honest with me for a moment' to show how important it was for her to really not lie in those moments, and the 'all of that' talk was often mentioned since both yn and kuroo are more or less misunderstood by people around them, so i though yeah that's it, that's the tittle