doomed

drabble/short story by me
word count: 1019
warnings: mentions and implications of death,                su!c!d3, blood, etc.

—-

Your love was forbidden, that's what the world believed.

You were the first in line for the throne, awaiting to be the ruler of the whole kingdom. He was a villain, shunned away from the rest of humanity.

As you stroll through the grand halls of the castle, your mind can't help but wander to the one you love – the notorious villain who has captured your heart against all reason.

  From the moment your eyes met, you felt a connection that defied logic and propriety.

  Your gaze landed on his own, piercing gold eyes stared back at you.

  Despite the warnings of your advisors and the disapproval of your family, you couldn't resist the pull of your heart towards this enigmatic figure.

  You stole moments together in hidden alcoves and deserted gardens, reveling in the forbidden nature of your love.

  But as whispers of your clandestine affair reach the ears of the king, your world comes crashing down around you.

  In a cruel twist of fate, your beloved was captured and sentenced to death for crimes against the kingdom.

  You pleaded your father for mercy, but his heart remains unmoved by your pleas.

  On the day of the execution, you stood in the crowd, tears streaming down your face as you watched the one you love face their fate with bravery and dignity.

  His thin, pale wrists were tied behind his back as he was forced onto his knees before the awaited guillotine.

  You watched in horror as he locked eyes with you one last time.

  Head in the slot, he mouths his last words to you, "Maybe we'll see each other in our next life, my love.."

  Pale, pink lips curve into a sad smile as everyone watching yells for them to kill him already.

  Your head shakes in fear and denial.

  As the blade falls, a part of you dies along with them, leaving behind only the hollow shell of a prince(ss) who dared to love against all odds.

  It was a gorey, cruel, and bloody sight.

  You closed your eyes and cried out for the loss of your beloved.

  In the wake of the villain's execution, the castle walls seem to close in around you, suffocating you with grief.

Every room, every shadow, whispers of your lost love, a haunting reminder of what once was.

You retreated to the solitude of your chambers, seeking refuge from the prying eyes and well-meaning condolences of the court.

Alone with your thoughts, you found yourself consumed by a sorrow so deep it threatens to swallow you whole.

Days blurred into nights as you mourned the loss of your beloved, unable to find solace in the world outside your window.

The once vibrant colors of the kingdom faded to gray as you struggled to come to terms with the emptiness that now filled your heart.

In the quiet hours of the night, you weeped for the love that was taken from you too soon, your tears a testament to the depth of your sorrow.

As the weeks passed and the weight of grief refused to lift, a heavy darkness settled over your heart, suffocating you with its intensity.

  The once vibrant prince(ss), admired and adored by all, retreated into the shadows of their own despair.

  Days blended into nights as you found yourself lost in a haze of numbness, the world around you a mere backdrop to the storm raging within.

  The simplest tasks became insurmountable obstacles, and even the warmth of the sun failed to penetrate the cold shroud of your depression.

  You withdrew further into yourself, shutting out the well-meaning attempts of those who sought to comfort you.

  Their words of encouragement fell on deaf ears, drowned out by the relentless whispers of self-doubt and despair that echoed in your mind.

  In the solitude of your chambers, you confronted the demons that tormented you, grappling with the overwhelming sense of loss that threatened to consume you whole.

  Each day became a battle against the darkness, a struggle to find meaning in a world that suddenly felt so empty and devoid of hope.

  One tragic night, you snuck out of the castle doors to visit his grave.

  It was a disgusting sight.

  His buried body remained what seemed miles away from the graves of everyone else.

  He was truly doomed from the start, wasn't he?

  Even in his death, the people would still shun him away.

  You sat down next to his lonely grave and placed the most beautiful bouquet of forget-me-nots down.

  A small tear slowly falls from your eyes as you gaze at the stolen dagger in your hands.

  The shiny metal gleams in the moonlight, casting your reflection right back at you.

  Your gaze turns back to the tombstone before running your fingertip along it.

  A sad smile rests upon your face as your own consciousness fades away in a painful death.

  The last thing in your sight was the poorly cemented grave, almost resembling the way he looked at you for the last time.

  The next morning, the king and queen along with your siblings frantically searched the whole castle for you.

  It was almost like you were nowhere to be found.

  The whole kingdom went into a frenzy as they tried to look for the missing royal.

  That was however until they reached the graveyard.

  On the small hill of the yard, lay your body.

  As they arrive at the hill, they stare in horror at the sight.

  The stolen dagger dug deep into your chest as a pool of blood covered the white satin of your pajamas along with the grass below.

  Your unconscious expression was peaceful as you reunited with your beloved after the cruel punishment given to your love.

  Only now can you be together in harmony.

—-

so this was kinda out of nowhere ig 😭

im not rlly familiar with writing angst and stuff so this was a first attempt

i'm ok i swear guys