"But... why not?" I tilted my head in confusion as we kept walking.

"Because I'm afraid you might get hurt." He stated sternly, his piercing gaze going right through me. "You cannot keep risking your life because of me, (Y/N)..."

"But-"

"No buts!" Revali quickly shushed me. "Promise me that. You will not keep risking your life if I get into a dangerous situation."

"I..." I didn't have a word in this, did I? "Okay... I promise."

"Hmm... good." Revali sighed in relief. I'm glad he's not worried anymore... although it's gonna be hard to keep that promise. "Now, let's hurry up."

-Revali's POV-

After we reached the library and (Y/N) got bandaged up and healed with Mipha, I was left to wait as they got treated by the Zora.

The only two champions in the library were Mipha and... ugh... Link. As long as I don't have to talk to him, I suppose I can tolerate his presence.

Luckily for me, Urbosa and Daruk weren't around. Mipha told us they had gone to explore the castle. So thankfully, no questions about me and (Y/N) from those two for now.

I sat down next to (Y/N) as they got treated. Mipha sat next to Link, as expected.

"This is a bad wound... I'm afraid I won't be able to fully heal it myself. It will require time to heal." Mipha stated as she wrapped (Y/N)'s eye with a cloth.

"Man... that's a bummer." (Y/N) sighed, scratching the back of their head.

"If only you hadn't been so reckless..." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Hey, I saved you. You don't get to tease me!" (Y/N) nudged me playfully, causing a small blush to appear on my face.

"I see you two are getting along well!" Mipha laughed softly at our playful banter. I can't believe (Y/N) dared to act like that in front of... them. Especially in front of that stupid Hylian. Goddess, I can't stand him!

"Shut up." I grunted, turning my gaze away from the trio. "This is ridiculous-"

"Hey everybody!" Kass joyously waved at us as he and Teba entered the library. "Wasn't expecting company for my reading session today."

"It's nice seeing you all, champions." Teba said formally, his arm wrapped around Kass' shoulder. "Kass and I just wanted to kill some time... mind if we join?"

"Not at all!" (Y/N) smiled.

"It would be nice to get to meet you both... so it's fine by me." Mipha nodded.

Link nodded alongside her. Stupid Hylian... he can't even nod without looking like a dumbass...

"I guess it's not a bad idea..." I sighed, scooching over a bit closer to (Y/N) to make room for the lovebirds. I was trying to keep a safe distance from my Zonai to not get flustered at stupid stuff, but... that plan is thrown down the drain.

"So that was were you two were? Still exploring those sky islands?" I tilted my head with curiosity.

The conversation had driven my interest, surprisingly enough.

"Yes! It's really interesting to see those ancient ruins from up close... You see-" Kass smiled before he kept going on about what they found out.

But I wasn't paying much attention, though. My mind was set on (Y/N). I still can't get over how stupid the way they got hurt was...

"I could've done something about it. I should've done something!"