🍃The Shore🍃

-Revali's POV-

"How far is this place you were talking about...?"

We had been walking for a good while and we still hadn't reached wherever (Y/N) was taking me to.

"It's close now, I promise." My Zonai said with a dumb smile. "You should know where I'm taking you to at this point!"

Before I could start guessing the place (Y/N) was talking about, I spotted a very familiar bush with multiple white roses sprouting. "Oh..."

"It's the only place I knew we would be alone." (Y/N) sat down near the shore of the river, just like the last time we were here. "And, you know, I thought it might be nice to come back here..."

"Well... as long as no one comes to interrupt us..." I sat down next to them.

"I still can't believe I left you alone that night..." (Y/N) sighed.

"Hey, it wasn't your fault." I shrugged. "It was Zelda's."

"Yeah, but still! It wasn't right."

"Oh, come on now. Forget about that!" I pushed them playfully. "I should be the one ashamed for being so difficult with you... but I'm not."

"Heh... I love you."

Before I knew it, I was wrapped around by (Y/N) again, but something was new this time... their tail was wagging. Was that normal? Is that a thing Zonais do? I don't know, but it's adorable...

"That's new..." I pointed out.

"Really?" (Y/N) pulled away slightly, their ears perked up in surprise.

"Yeah. I've never seen you do that before. It's... adorable." You know... it's been a good while since I've last gotten flirtatious with (Y/N). And I'm in the mood to see them all flustered and cute.

I cupped their chin and pulled them closer. "I like seeing you like this, my love..."

(Y/N)'s face burned red within seconds. It's so easy to make them blush. Maybe a little too easy.

"Already flustered, eh?"

"Oh, come on... you're doing this on purpose!" (Y/N) pouted.

"Maybe I am... maybe I'm not. Either way, you're mine."

"O-Oh dear goddess..." (Y/N) looked like they were about to burst. Their face looked like a cute strawberry at this point.

"Maybe I should tone it down..."

"I'm glad you liked that." I let go of them, but I wasn't expecting them to lose their balance. And in the blink of an eye, (Y/N) fell into the river. "Oh.. oops."

(Y/N) chuckled as they shook off some of the water in their hair. And God they looked so pretty...

"Mind lending me a wing to get up?"

"It was dumb of you to fall like that, you dummy-" As soon as (Y/N) grabbed my hand, they pulled me into the river with them. "AH!"

"Pfft... you scream like a chicken."

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

"You were the one that made me trip in the first place, birdie."

I hate this! How do they always find a way to make me get all flustered when I'm trying to get them to blush?!

"Nghhh..."

"Aww, come on... don't get mad!"

"I'm not mad."

"You sure? You look kinda mad to me."

"I'm. Fine." I grinded my beak trying to not look angry.

But it was all abruptly cut short by the sound of a snapping branch nearby. "I'm telling you, no one will bother us here." That voice... was that Teba?

(Y/N) and I looked at each other in panic. "Who's that?" They mouthed.

"I believe it's Teba...?" I whispered back.

"Ohh..." (Y/N) sighed with relief as we got put the water. As the footsteps approached, we both tried to act normally, but there was one issue. We were soaked. I'm sure that we can come up with some lie to cover it up... right?

"Are you sure...? I swear I heard something." Kass' voice appeared from nowhere. "Oh I see what's going on..."

After a few seconds, the two Rito finally entered the scene. "Hm? Oh, it's just you two."

"Master Revali! Uhm... what an unexpected surprise..." Teba was visibly nervous.

"Oh! Nice to see you two!" Kass waved at us kindly. "He may be useless in a fight... but he's fun to be around."

(Y/N) waved back. "Hey! Teba and Kass, was it? What are you two doing out here?" Were they even trying to act normally?! Their tail is going crazy!

"Just... having a midnight stroll." Teba shrugged. "What about you?"

"Same... I couldn't sleep, hah."

Teba looked skeptically at both of us. That's bad... "Uhm... why are you two so... wet?"

"Uhm... I-"

"We came across a stone talus. I guess we might've gotten a bit wet during the fight..." I cut (Y/N) off before they said anything stupid.

"Well, uh... guess I better get going." (Y/N) fake-yawned and walked back to the path that lead out the ruins.

"I should too..." I followed them, trying not to arouse any other suspicions from the two other Rito. And to actually go somewhere we can be alone for once, I guess...

"How is it that every time we get to be alone someone barges in?" (Y/N) sighed as we stepped back into town.

"I don't know, but I hate it..." I grunted. "They just had to steal our spot."

"You know... all this wouldn't be much of an issue if we weren't keeping this a secret-"

"Oh, no. You won't convince me to not keep it a secret."

"I know... but someone's gonna find out eventually, love." (Y/N) sighed.

"I... I know..." I haven't told them that Urbosa and Daruk already know that I have feelings for them. Thankfully they still don't know anything else... I think.

"Well... tonight was something, I suppose." (Y/N) chuckled softly. "We should get some rest. I'll make sure we can finally get some alone time tomorrow, okay?"

"Hm... Fine." I sighed, charging up a gale to fly back to Rito Town.

"Oh! And before you go..."

"Wha-" (Y/N) planted a kiss on my beak.

"... I hate you."

"Love you too." (Y/N) chuckled as I took flight.

A/N: SO SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT. I didnt know what i was doing writing this but I promise the next chapter will actually be good, more than 900 words,  and not be boring af. Also the doc for this fic is 67 pages at this point WHAT 

If you guys got any ideas on what I could do for future chapters PLEAAASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS OR SOMEWHERE IDK