🍃The Eye🍃

-Revali's POV-

"Just a few more hits and this Lynel is down!" (Y/N) cheered gleefully as we kept dodging the Silver Lynel's attacks.

There was a sighting of various monsters around Hyrule Castle, possibly a plan from the Yiga. We champions were tasked with dealing with said monsters. Of course, (Y/N) and I had to deal with the toughest enemy. A natural choice, seeing that I'm the best champion. Oh, and (Y/N)'s there too... a close second place.

"Not half bad, but not as mighty as me!" I chuckled slightly. The progress my Zonai had made on their fighting skills was obvious... and all thanks to me, obviously.

(Y/N) chuckled back as I managed to get a few good shots at the Lynel. With good aim, I managed to get a hit in the eye, leaving the beast stunned.

"Hey, remember that tactic we came up with while training?" (Y/N) said with that dumb look on their face. You know the one. The "I have a really bad idea that will work" look.

"Oh no. No way we're trying that stupid tactic again." I rolled my eyes as we both rushed at the Lynel.

"TOO LATE!" (Y/N) grabbed onto my leg. "Cmon, throw me!"

"This isn't gonna work... but whatever." I sighed and did so, flinging (Y/N) high in the air. They took aim, threw their boomerang towards the Lynel, and landed right on its back. The beast started kicking around, trying to get (Y/N) off its back as they hit it with their dagger.

I tried to get a few shots on the Lynel, but as I managed to deal the final blow... The lynel rushed towards me. I couldn't react in time to dodge out of the way.

But instead of hitting me... the Lynel fell defeated right in front of my eyes, managing to get a good hit on (Y/N), who was still on their back somehow, before collapsing.

"ACK!" (Y/N) winced in pain as they flung off the Lynel. Luckily, I managed to catch them in my arms.

"Are you alright?" I asked in concern, looking down at my Zonai.

"I... It's just a scratch." (Y/N) quickly covered their left eye with their hand. A small trail of blood made its way down their cheeks. It sent chills down my spine...

"Oh my Hylia..." I quickly swatted (Y/N)'s hand away from their eye to look at the wound. Thankfully, it didn't look deep enough to hurt their eye. "We... we need to go back. Now."

"Revali, I'm fine!" (Y/N) insisted, their hand landing back on their eye as they got off my arms. "But... fine. We're done here anyway."

-(Y/N)'s POV-

The walk back to the castle was... silent. I could tell Revali was worried and probably mad at me for being "reckless". I had to cover my eye the whole way through, which was annoying...

As we walked through the wide, long hallways that lead to the library, where we were told the other champions were at, I decided to break the ice.

"... are you okay, birdie?"

Revali stayed silent, his arms crossed and his gaze away from me, looking up at the sky.

"Revali..." I nudged him a bit. "Come on. I know you're mad at me, but-"

"I'm not mad at you, (Y/N)." Revali suddenly turned his gaze to me, his expression was stern, but his eyes were filled with worry.

"Really?"

"No... I'm just... worried." My Rito sighed, rubbing his eyes. "With the Calamity coming back in just two days... you can't keep doing your silly shenanigans in battle..."