Chapter 3 (New Life)

I can't believe I'm leaving this house. Of course, I will come to visit my parents but this house will always remind me of my childhood and all the experiences with my parents.

I still remember the first time I invited Lily here. We were both on the bed in my bedroom eating the biscuits my mother had made and chatting about everything that had happened at school.

And now I'm packing my suitcase to live in a new house, with a new person and with a different life. Change of environment and also title.

I think my grandmother wasn't wrong when she said "Everything changes in life".

"Y/n are you ready? The carriage is here"

"Yes mom, one second and I'll come"

I said goodbye one last time to the room that had hosted my laughter, my dreams, my affections. It wasn't goodbye but it wasn't see you soon either.

I went down the stairs and saw my parents, my mother especially excited for me and proud of me

"Y/n, please write to us and don't forget that we will always remain by your side even in the most difficult situations, we love you"

"Thank you mom, I love you too"

my father's last words before I left were these

"Y/n if something goes wrong write to me, in any case take care of yourself and make sure that he treats you well, he will deal with me if he does the opposite"

I chuckled at my dad's comment. I got into the carriage and waved to them until I was so far away that I couldn't see them anymore.

"Do you think she'll be okay?"

"Don't worry, our daughter is strong."

I saw the landscape that was so green with the huge fields with a light winter fog.

I thought about various things: How is it there?, Will he love me?, Will I be a good wife?

I felt the temperature rise and asked,

"Where are we?"

"Miss, we have just entered the Scottish region"

"Ok thanks"

Good thing I brought warmer clothes, it's really cold here!

After a few hours

It's dark, I can't hold myself up anymore, how far away this house is!

"Miss, you shouldn't fall asleep, we've just arrived"

I immediately recovered and saw that we were in the middle of the woods. In front of the carriage there was a huge gate which opened with the help of some maids.

I got out of the carriage and the maids immediately bowed to me and let me into the house.

I sat down in an armchair, my god how big is this house!

But behind me I immediately heard a voice "Y/n, right?"