25 - EAT DEMOCRACY

Start from the beginning

"RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAWWWWRRRRR!"

"What kind of lunatic risks his life like that?" Church shouted in the midst of my leap.

While in midair wielding my shield and flaming sword, the monster advanced with its left arm and intercepted me in the air with its claws.

THWOMP!

{JAUNE!} Amber shouts, while using her disguise, through the Scouter as I was thrown against the rock wall.

CRASH!

{{Aura 87%}} Church warned in my ear.

"Put the Aura level on the Scouter display," I grumble, emerging from the small crater formed on the canyon wall.

Although the claw strike hadn't injured me, the force behind the attack was frightening. I am at risk of being buried in solid rock by the Grimm.

{{Your Aura levels are green, and by my projections, you have the strength and tools necessary to defeat this thing.}}

"But?" I ask, already knowing he hadn't said everything.

{{But you need more speed,}} Church grumbles.

"Speed? I have the enhanced reflex of a super soldier."

{{I'm talking about the speed of-}} Before he could complete the sentence, he was cut off by a weird sound from the monster mouths.

"GRUUUUU!" the creature growled with something bubbling inside it.

"What the hell was that?" I question as the monster opens its mouths.

I stood there paralyzed, fascinated by the grotesque scene. The creature's stomach suddenly expanded, only to shrink soon after, with the bulge formed in its stomach rising to the throat, distorting flesh and skin with the movement. Then, something green and viscous emerged from the Grimm's mouths, bubbling like hot oil.

{Get out of there, or you'll die, you idiotic human!} Audra shouted through Amber's scroll.

"ROOOAR!" roars the monster, firing two acid blasts in my direction.

"MCS make-."

I leap from the canyon wall hole before I could finish speaking, not looking back, hearing the acid reacting, melting the stone.

Even in free fall, I managed to maintain focus and in response, my semblance manifested; a golden mist formed in my left hand as my aura was consumed to create the item.

"Thanks, Glynda," I think to myself. If it weren't for the training with the professor, I'd be panicking, unable to activate my semblance.

Quickly, I strapped my shield to my back and aimed the new mechanical equipment attached to my forearm at the other side of the canyon.

FWAP!

"Yes!" I celebrate as I hit the shot.

The steel cable fired from the gauntlet hit the wall on the other side of the canyon, forming a line from my target to me.

Then, a mechanical buzz from the gauntlet sounded before I was pulled toward my target.

KEEEEEERR!

Even though it wasn't my favorite in the franchise, I had played enough of Halo Infinity to know how a Grappleshot works.

{{You did well, excellent cost-benefit for mobility. I'm impressed.}}

'I'd better not mention that I chose this crap by chance,' I thought to myself, holding on to a ledge.

{{I recommend aiming your attacks on the heads. Most Grimms die when decapitated, except you need to do it twice with this thing.}}