10 - Vomit Boy

"Dialogue"

{Scroll}

[Weiss Schnee]

I couldn't follow half of what he said, but I understand the impossibility of perpetual energy. If what he said was true, Jaune Arc had in his hands the greatest invention of all time. A source of energy independent of Dust, perpetual, generating 3 gigajoules per second.

Which leads me to the following question.

"And is that a lot?"

Jaune stared at me incredulously, with my ignorance.

It's not my fault, as in my position as the heir of the Schnee Dust Company. I had classes on the basics of Dust application in civilian use, but I am still specialized in finance and politics, engineering was not exactly a priority for my father.

Arc began to eat one of his sandwiches while murmuring with closed eyes. He seemed to be doing mental calculations.

"Beacon on average consumes something like 1 million Lien per month," he informed me after devouring his first sandwich.

"How do you know that?"

"Professor Goodwitch told me."

"Why would she provide you such information?" I know the professor trains him in private lessons, but this doesn't seem like a topic to be addressed in Aura training.

"If you have a perfect system where there is no waste of energy," the boy continued, ignoring my question. "With this ARC reactor, you could power twelve hundred Beacon Academies." He punctuated the sentence by eating another sandwich.

It can't be... that invention represents a loss of more than 1 billion Lien for the SDC?

No! Jaune said it was perpetual, this loss would be 1 billion Lien per month. The presence of one of these reactors in any one of the Kingdoms of Remnant represents in the short term the end of the SDC's monopoly and its bankruptcy in the long term.

"What do you want Arc?" My voice came out harsher and more desperate than I would like to admit.

"Hmm?" The boy replied, licking his fingers after devouring his second sandwich.

"I am willing to provide you with everything I can as the Heiress of the Schnee Dust Company, and whatever is beyond my reach, rest assured I will be your spokesperson when dealing with my father and the investors."

I have, NO! I need Jaune Arc on my side; apparently, he has no idea what he carries with him.

"Anything?" He asked curiously.

"Yes, everything I can provide you will be yours."

"Could you answer me two questions before considering your proposal?"

He pointed two fingers at me as he ate his third sandwich.

Questions? What does this brute want to know?

"The SDC does not have a good reputation when it comes to dealing with employees, especially if they are Faunus."

He went straight to the point, unafraid to stick his finger in the wound.

"Well, rest assured that the SDC strictly follows the laws of the realms when dealing with its employees; I guarantee that no infractions are committed in our mines and factories."

"That's not the issue, Weiss."

Jaune finished and took a sip of his juice before continuing.

"Can you tell me that the SDC is a moral and ethical company in the treatment of its employees? Especially the Faunus?"