28. THEIR Love

Few weeks later,

Aarush rushed to his room directly returning from hospital and Manik and Nandini looked at each other in confusion seeing him.

"Ritu..." He called out opening their room door and engulfed Ritika in a hug who was already in tears.

"Shhh shhh bas bas...calm down...I'm here..." He consoled her while she sobbed softly on his chest.

He cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears before asking "What happened...??"

When she stayed silent, he asked again "What happened baby...?? You just called and asked me to return urgently...Hua kya hai...!?"

She looked at him with tears and said "I'm scared..."He hugged her to his chest and brushed her hairs back and asked "Why...??"

She took a minute to reply "What if something happens to the baby again...??"

"Why do you think like that baby...??" He asked instantly and she looked at him saying "I'm scared ki iss baar bhi..."

"This time..." He started but stopped in the middle and looked at her with a frown and asked "Wait what...??"

She smiled amidst her tears and opened the nearby drawer and gave the pregnancy test kit which has the result 'POSITIVE'.

His eyes pooled and he looked at her to ask "We are..."

"Pregnant..." They said in unison and he hugged her tightly and placed numerous kisses on her face.

They composed themselves and decided to reveal it to the elders.

Manik and Nandini looked at the young couple with a frown as Aarush was carefully holding Ritika with both hands as she descended the stairs.

They then looked at each other and had a realisation on their face but waited till Ritika and Aarush joined.

"Dad..Mumma..."

"Ma...Pa..." They called after sitting on the couch and the elders raised their eyebrows with a tease.

"Positive..." They just said a single word and Manik and Nandini hugged them tightly in happiness while Nyonika and Raj wiped their happy tears and said "It feels like yesterday when Nandu told us she was pregnant with Aarush...Time just flew...And now Aarush is going to have a baby..."Aarush bent his head with a blushy smile while Manik ruffled his hairs and Nandini fed sweets to everyone.

The next day,

"Congrats Ritika...It's confirmed...You are conceived..." The doctor said after performing the required tests in hospital making the couple beam in happiness.

"How many weeks doctor...??" Aarush asked and the doctor replied "6 weeks Dr.Aarush...Seeing your medical history, I advice you a complete rest for the next 6 weeks...That means until you step into 4th month...You can continue your work after that..."

Aarush looked at Ritika and she nodded her head without any second thought.

"Everything else seems to be fine for now...I'll give you a diet chart...Follow that...I'll prescribe some iron and vitamins tablets as well...Remaining, you also have an idea since you both are doctors..." The doctor said and they nodded.

Aarush handed the diet chart and medicines to Nandini and said "She will stay home for the next 6 weeks...I don't want any complaints from the doctor in our next check up...It's your responsibility Mumma..."

"Done..." Nandini assured happily.

Ritika applied for a long leave and rested while Aarush attended the hospital. Nandini took care of her food and medicines while Manik took her for a small walk when she said she was bored in the room. Nyonika and Raj would read her some books so that the baby can hear.