20. HER First Priority

"Don't forget to take the pill..." Aarush texted and Ritika chuckled as it was almost 10th time that he was reminding her since they have started to airport and replied "Already taken...Don't worry..."

Four and half months later,

Aarush was on a video call with Ritika once his classes were over and he asked for the 3rd time "Yaar why are you so dull...!?? Has something happened in the college...!?"

Ritika sighed and brought a slight smile over her lips and said "I'm telling you na...It's nothing...Nothing has happened...I have the whole family to take care of me...And Abhay bhaiyya bhi hai na...Do you think he will leave just like that if something happens...?"

"That's right too...But I can feel it Ritu...Is something bothering you...!?" He asked being concerned.

"May be I'm just missing you a little too much today..." She said and he sighed with a sad smile and said "As long as that's the matter, I'm okay with it...Miss me as much as you want...We will be together after a year and zindagi bhar you have to deal with me..."

She chuckled and he continued "Acha suno...Next month se I'll be having my semester exams and shifts bhi continuous hoga...So I'll not be able to call you or anyone...I'll text you whenever I get time okay...Mumma and Dad ko bhi bata dena..."

"Jii I'll tell them..." She said and they spoke for few more minutes till he dropped the call. Ritika quickly wiped her tears and hugged Nandini tightly, who was sitting opposite to her and Manik beside her.

"Shhh It's okay bacha...You only said na he will be having exams...and he has to concentrate...We will tell him once his semester is over..." Manik said brushing her hairs and she nodded while Nandini smiled faintly.

"Amma...You haven't eaten anything since morning...I'll get you something to eat..." She said to Nandini and walked to kitchen without listening anything.

2 days before Aarush's exams are going to start, he dialed Manik.

"Is everything alright dad...!?" He asked just before cutting the call.

"Ha Aarush...Why do you ask like that...!?" Manik asked and Aarush replied "Have never seen you so off while talking to me Dad...And mumma didn't talk to me from the last 3 calls...Ritika bhi dull lag rahi thi...What's happening dad...!??"

"Arey meri jaan...Nothing happened...Itna tension math le bacha...We are all good...Your mom is busy with something...you know about her na...And Ritika is just missing you and uska bhi practicals chal raha hai I think..so she will always remember you saying 'Senior would have taught me easily' and all...And mein...Mein toh bilkul fine hu...So chill...Just concentrate on your exams..." Manik said calmly with a wide smile that made Aarush relax and drop the call.

3 weeks later,

"Finally...finally my love...Exams are done...and just one more year left..." Aarush said dropping his bag on the couch and slumped lazily, being on a voice call with Ritika.

"All done? Any practicals or something left...!?" She asked controlling her sob.

"Yup all done...Free for atleast 2 weeks..." He said and she sobbed before saying "Come home..."

He sat straight hearing her sob and called her name "Ritika..."

She controlled herself to not break into tears and said "Aarush...Just come home please..."

Hearing his name, he understood the seriousness and it was not her usual missing. He took a deep breath and said "I'm coming" and cut the call without further questions. He booked the earliest flight possible and packed a mini bag quickly and boarded the flight.