chapter 47 The king has been shot!

Start from the beginning

"Drive." He gave the charge, and the car sparked to life.

Watching the car leave, Kaiden did nothing but stare blankly. Ever since he met his highness and got out of that horrible prison, he found himself spacing out.
He couldn't tell why but he also could not control it.
His eyes flickered, turning a gorgeous blue and back to their normal dark orbs.

Like a statue, he closed his eyes, feeling the wind creasing his face, his hair whipping with the flow of the wind.

As the breeze blew, the sparse flowers around danced, their fresh scents hitting his doglike nose senses.

How flowers could thrive in this dark place he couldn't understand.

Even with his eyes closed, he could feel every position around him. The guards who walked left and right at the entrance of the dungeon, the slowing heartbeat of a tortured prisoner, and the bugs that ran past his feet.

Suddenly, he moved, and had a human been beside him, they would have had a seizure.

Not understanding why he could twist sporadically, he ignored it, focusing on what got his attention.

Crouching, gripping the grass blades in between his fingers, bones started to break, disconnecting, reconnecting, and realigning themselves.

It was painful and one could tell with the amount of sweat on his head.

Hair grew out all over his body, his teeth elongating, fingers turning into claws and a tail behind him.
In place of what was a huge man a minute ago, a huge wolf-like creature stood. It's dark coat, shone as the wind touched.

Dazzling blue orbs stared at a certain part of the road leading to a thick forest, baring its fangs at it.

"Bark!"

It sent out a threat, standing to its feet.
The already imposing creature looked even more terrifying when it stood fully with a height of up to seven meters.

"Bark!"

This time, it was louder than the first. Spit drizzled from the gaps of its open teeth.

Kaiden never knew what was behind the thick covers of the forest but that didn't stop him from charging towards it.

With powerful leg muscles, its four legs pushed through and silence followed as he disappeared into the bushes.

"Almost close," Marcos said to himself, his body restlessly pushing the car seat under him.
The car started to slow, causing him to ask. "Why are you slowing down?"

"Sir, someone is lying on the road covered in blood." The driver replied with a shake in his voice.

"Have somebody check what's going on." Marcos scowled. "If they are dead, just have them dragged to the side and we can be on our way."

"Yes, your Highness!"

With the door closed, a guard cautiously walked towards the body.

He tentatively reached out, placing his fingers to check for a pulse or breathing.

"This person is dead!" He yelled for them to hear.
"Drag it off the road, and stop wasting his Highness's time." One of his colleagues who got out of the vehicle along with him, said pulling a face.

The man muttered but tried to drag the body off the road. He lifted the body, pulling it towards the left-hand side of the road when from nowhere, a dart flew out.

Flint!

It wheezed past the air catching the two guards standing outside off guard, and landing on their necks.

"Ambush!" The first guard shouted before he collapsed.

A kill circle was formed around Marcos' car, "Protect His Highness"

This was what Marcos was scared of!

An ambush, a fucking ambush, and it was so close to his palace!

What was this if not a blatant provocation and a threat!

"Kill!"

An enemy cry from the outer circle pierced their ears, along with the cries of about a hundred built men.

"Fuck!"

The guards cussed, turning into huge wolves with about a height of six to seven meters.

Both sides clashed, blood spilled, cries and shouts of agony rang loud telling of the deadly losing battle.
Marcos pulled the car's door, finding it was locked. "Open the door, I am heading out."

"Your Highness." The driver cowardly called, "It's not safe for you to go outside."

"I won't repeat myself." Was all he said, glaring at the shivering man.

With a click, the latch on the door was unlocked. Marcos pushed the door wide open, stepping out of the car.

Before his eyes, was the ongoing battle. It was more deadly than he had imagined.

"Argh!"

One of the enemy men was severely bitten on the shoulder, shiny vicious fangs sinking into the skin and ripping out a chunk of meat.

Blood splattered on the floor, then fell to the ground and the big wolf targeted its next victim.

Marcos' eyes scanned everything around him. He had a hunch the mastermind was hiding in the shadows nearby.

Spotting a figure with hatred-filled eyes, a sly smirk formed on his lips. "Bingo." He found him.

With a blink, he appeared before the man, catching him off guard.

Fear clouded the person's face but Marcos was never going to spare this heartless person.

He yanked the man, choking him with his huge palms, claws piercing the delicate skin on the neck.

"Who do we have here?" Marcos taunted, getting a closer look at the man. "Isn't this the head of the vampire clan? What brings you to my territory?"

"Y—you're—" the man choked, his face turning purple.

"What's the matter lord Hugo, it seems you are choking on my wrists. Do you want me to let go?"

"W—wait!" Lord Hugo managed to say, resulting in Marcos tightening his wrist.

"Oh dear, it appears I have no control of my hands." Marcos mocked, "It's like they have minds of their own."

Lacking air, and failing to get his message across to the other party, the man's eyes slowly closed, his struggles dying along with him.

Layered with a thick grimace across the face, Marcos felt the life force of the man slowly fade.

Something was wrong. It doesn't make sense!
This person was a vampire and a simple choking was too weak to kill him.

He let go of the man and watched him crash to the ground, his body sending puffs of dust into the air.
His nose itched as he studied the man focusing all his attention on him.

Suddenly, "bang!" A gunshot was released, freezing everything in place, the noise of battle cries, vanishing and in place, a deafening silence.

A cry, "His Highness has been shot!" Broke it all.

Cliffhanger 🤗