𝐈𝐈𝐈

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

"And then we ran straight through the wall!"

This is what Harry told her about his magical adventure, but never in her wildest dreams, did Melinda believe he meant literally through a wall.

When she approached the magical portal, Mrs. Weasley said to her. "Go on dear, it's completely harmless."

Melinda felt wary, as anyone would when they're told to run straight at a wall. Nonetheless, if Harry says it's the way then that way she shall take.

So she ran fast, and on the other side of the portal, she was met with the train station. It looked just the same as the one before, except it was filled with other wizards and witches alike.

Melinda watched as Weasley after Weasley ran through the portal, but her brother and Ron were nowhere to be found.

The last call to board the train rang through the station.

"It's time to go find your seats, children," Molly exclaimed excitedly and then she kissed all her children and sent them off. "I guess Ron ran ahead of us." She laughed it off.

"Well, Melinda, follow the others, find your seat, and you're all set." She leaned down to Melinda's level. "I hope you have a great first year."

"Thank you," Melinda said and hugged the older woman.

"Oh, goodbye, dear."

"Goodbye!" Melinda waved goodbye and then stepped onto the train; her ride into a new life.

She walked through the aisle, searching for a seat, but they were all filled up and she didn't want to intrude. She also searched for her brother, confused as to how he had vanished so suddenly. The train had begun to depart, so she needed to be seated quickly. She came upon a compartment with just one person in it, a boy with short black hair.

"Hello." She spoke as she walked inside. "Is it okay if I sit here?" She asked.

The boy looked up at her and responded delightedly, "Yes, of course, that's fine." He smiled at her.

Melinda smiled back and sat down, setting her bags next to her. "What's your name?" She asked the boy.

"Kedan. Kedan Belmore." He answered. "And yours?"

"Melinda Potter."

His eyes seemed to shift and widen a bit. Melinda noticed this immediately and grimaced to herself. It was her mistake to forget exactly who she was.

"It's a pleasure to meet you after growing up hearing the stories in our community. I-I mean your brother is a legend in our world, as are you." He spoke quickly and excitedly like he'd been dying to say this. "But, I mean, the stories are nothing compared to actually meeting you." He calmed down a bit as he noticed Melinda's expression. "I'm sorry." He quickly apologized.

"It's okay, I understand completely. Though my brother is the real star of our story." She chuckled self-consciously.

"No, I don't see it that way at all. Your part is just as important, and thrilling. It doesn't matter who's more famous." He told her.

Melinda smiled, enjoying his point of view. "Thanks."

She turned to look out the window, staring at the passing nature. "So, is this your first year as well?" She asked the boy in front of her.

"Yes, it is. I've been waiting for this day my whole life." He chuckled. "And I was afraid I'd have to do it alone. So, I'm glad you're here with me." He smiled sweetly at her.