NEVER ALONE

[  I heard hozier sing it will come back live on Sunday and it changed my life

also, SMUT WARNING  ]

☽︎

FUCK YOU.

"DO YOU GOT GAMES ON YOUR PHONE?"

Laiken looked up from her phone, narrowing her eyes at Henrik, who stormed into her room, interrupting her time with Enzo, who was reading next to her in bed while she watched an episode of My Wife and Kids.

"Go ask your brother," Enzo said, not even looking up from his page. He didn't bother to specify which brother. He had plenty of them.

"He said no," Henrik said, putting his hands on his hips.

"Really?" Laiken asked, raising a sarcastic eyebrow. "All four of them said they don't have games on their phones? Even Kol?"

Henrik smiled innocently and nodded. They all knew he just wanted Laiken's phone because she was his favorite. And she specifically downloaded the Minecraft app just for him.

So, she sighed heavily and dug her phone out of her pocket. Henrik perked up and sauntered over, taking the device from her. "Thanks, Lake."

"I'm making Klaus get you your own phone tomorrow," she muttered, tired of the child taking hers. "Besides, you need one in case you're in danger."

"Well, I can protect myself, you know. I'm a witch prodigy," he said, inviting himself to stay as he crawled into the bed, squeezing between Enzo and Laiken. "I can give them a headache or throw them across the room or something. Bonnie taught me how to do that."

Bonnie and Caroline had been spending more time with Laiken — how could they not? Their old best friend was dead, not that they cared all that much. But Kol and Henrik both took a liking to the witch and though Bonnie hadn't been practicing magic for that long, she still worked with Henrik on his control.

Meanwhile, Caroline and Rebekah were bonding quite a lot. They were just as close as Laiken and Rebekah, bonding over their obsession with boys and clothes and drama at school.

"Kid, your family is the most hated in the world. I think you need a phone just in case," Enzo told him, ruffling Henrik's blonde curls. Henrik just cringed and pushed him off. "Besides, then you can get all the games to your little ancient heart's content."

"Which makes no sense because you have an entire entertainment center in your room now," Laiken muttered.

Henrik kept quiet, but the real reason he liked playing games on other people's phones was because it meant he got to sit next to them while he played. It was quality time that he so craved after a thousand years alone on the Other Side, no one, not even his evil mother there to keep him company.