Meera came towards her and held her hands. She asked, " So, Miss Kumud? Ketki said that you came to the capital only a few days ago? To meet your brother Vikram I suppose?" She laughed.

Vikram turned his head and answered " Yes, your highness. Its been four long years since Kumud had gone to study at Gurukul. Father, Mother, Ketki and I missed her a ;lot. Now that she has completed her studies, Father called her back to the capital."

As Vikram recounted Kumud's journey from the Gurukul to the capital, Meera listened intently, her eyes widening with astonishment at the revelation.

 "A bodyguard? Miss Kumud? You want to appear for the examinations that are to be held for being a Royal Bodyguard? " she repeated, her voice tinged with disbelief. 

Kumud said nothing, but just smiled slightly.

"But she is so young, and yet, yet  she possesses such courage and strength. It is truly remarkable." Meera turned her head towards Ketki and Vikram, as she said those words.

Vikram nodded, his expression grave yet tinged with pride.

 "Indeed, Your Highness," he replied, his voice resonating with authority. "Kumud has always been determined to pursue her own path, to carve out her own destiny. And in doing so, she has become a formidable warrior, one who is more than capable of protecting the royalties."

Meera's gaze drifted to Ketki, who stood nearby, her expression a mixture of admiration and affection. 

"Is this the sister you always spoke of, Ketki?" she asked, her voice soft yet curious. "The one who was studying at the Gurukul?"

Ketki nodded eagerly, a smile lighting up her face. 

"Yes, Your Highness," she replied, her voice tinged with pride.

 "Kumud didi is my elder sister, my protector, my confidante. She has always been there for me, guiding me, supporting me in every way possible."

Meera's eyes softened with warmth as she regarded Ketki, a sense of kinship blossoming between them. "You are lucky to have such a devoted sister," she said, her voice filled with genuine admiration. "And I am fortunate to have met her today, to witness her bravery and selflessness firsthand."

Kumud, who had been listening quietly to the conversation, felt a swell of gratitude wash over her, a sense of pride and humility mingling within her heart.

Just then, Third Prince Raghavendra's slow but deep voice resounded, " Aarav? What happened dear? Why are you moving about so much? Do you want to go to mother?"

Kumud stilled at the name. 

Aarav? The little prince id named Aarav?

The little prince looked at his father with his big eyes as if agreeing to his words, after which he flashed a beautiful but gummy smile at everyone.

That smile seemed to melt everyone's heart.

Kumud's heart skipped a beat as the little prince wiggled out of his father's embrace and toddled toward her, his chubby arms outstretched in a gesture of innocent trust. 

She knelt down instinctively, her eyes widening in astonishment as he reached for her hands, his small fingers curling around hers with surprising strength.

For a moment, time seemed to stand still as the prince gazed up at Kumud with wide, curious eyes, his face alight with an infectious joy that tugged at her heartstrings. And then, in a voice as sweet as the tinkling of wind chimes, he uttered a single word that sent a shiver down Kumud's spine.