"You are always fine."

[FUCK T.T]

He grabbed the plastic bag again and decided to dump it all over himself. He simply pursed his lips and stared at his wet self before slapping his cheeks with his hands.

"Let's go to school."

Without eating breakfast, he changed clothes, bandaged his wounds, and left for the day.

He would rather stay somewhere than return home. He'd rather go somewhere else than suffer a day with his uncle.

Wearing his fake smile, he walked to the elementary school nearby. He was lost in thoughts when he suddenly came across the redhead who sang him that hideous Happy Birthday song last night.

He was crouched on the ground as if he were sick. He approached him steadily after seeing him playing with red and gray kittens.

"Oh, it is the pretty kid from last night!" the redhead says with a smile, but his expression quickly turns grim.

He examined him from head to toe. His expression morphed into something more akin to anger. Roksu did not understand why this guy looked like that.

"You're not cold?"

"I am not," he replied. He is used to wearing two layers of clothing. It is thin, but it is preferable to wearing nothing. He knew it was the same clothes he wore yesterday, but he had no extras to wear with this one.

The redhead forced a smile and removed his muffler.

"Used this; you need more layers than that!" Cale tightened the muffler around his neck. When he started dragging him somewhere, he did not even let him speak.

He was about to flee when they approached the house from five steps away. It is not very big, but it is comfortable and warm.

"Hyung-nim, you came back!" A brown-haired middle school student appeared.

"Can you get your old clothes? Let's give them to this kid."

"Oh. nice timing. Wait."

"This is?" he asked, pulling Cale's sleeve down.

"My house," Cale replied and welcomed him inside.

"Hey, you're not going to get late?" Another brown-haired came into view.

Roksu stared at him. He's a middle age man, he looked like he works at a company and have a pretty decent job.

"And who's this cute fellow?"

"Ah! Good day! My name is Kim Roksu!" He bowed slightly, as Korean children usually do when introducing themselves.

"Hello! I am Deruth, just call me Uncle; come in! Cale seldom brings someone home."

That sounded wrong.

Roksu nodded and removed his shoes. He did not notice Deruth's expression as he saw his hole-filled socks and hand-me-down old shoes. However, for Roksu, everything was normal. It is a relief that he could have things like this and still go to school.

The father and son looked at each other.

"So, where did you meet your little friend?" Deruth inquired. He removed the small shoes from the shoe rack. It's a good thing, they haven't thrown Bassen's old shoes when he was an elementary student.

"We met yesterday in the park around the corner."

"Hyung is not a very good singer, though."

"Haha, why so?"

"He sounds like a dying chicken when he sings Happy Birthday," Roksu innocently stated.

"You like it though. You even cried." Cale protested while sounding offended.

Roksu couldn't help but mischievously smile before giggling. The father and son were relieved. They felt something was wrong with the child but decided not to ponder deeply.

"Hyung-nim. Here." Bassen came down with his small clothes.

"You should change," Cale remarked.

"But..."

"Just change." Deruth seconded.

Roksu thought he was dreaming because the atmosphere was so welcoming. He simply nodded and accepted the clothes as Cale led him to the laundromat.

Cale noticed Roksu having difficulty moving his arms; that's why he decided to help the kid. He noticed this too last night. Roksu had difficulty moving his limbs, he limps as well, and he couldn't straighten his back.

Roksu had just taken off his thin jacket and was about to put on the cardigan when Cale grabbed his hand. He was stunned at first, but the redhead focused on the bruises on his hand.

"Hey."

Roksu replied, "I'm all right."

Cale did not buy it and said, "Don't dress yet. Wait." Then he set off to find the medical kit and came back. The redhead took Roksu's shirt off and stared at his bruised-filled body.

He gritted but remained silent while he applied the medicine to his wounds and bruises.

"Hey... Don—" He stopped. Roksu was pale. He's trying to make some excuses right now.

Cale gritted and smiled, He patted the boy's head and said, "Don't get into fights like me."

It's just an excuse to stop this awkward atmosphere. It's clear as day that Roksu didn't want to say anything.

"I don't like it either, but they keep bothering me," Roksu replied.

What do you mean that bothered you? This is one-sided. Cale swallowed his words. This kid is not a very good liar.

He just can't ignore this kid at all. He just can't. They only met yesterday and today but he can't push him away like he did with everyone else.

"You're strong, Roksu-ah. So brave and strong."

Cale said that and helped him wear his clothes.

"But if you're tired, come to me." Cale said, "I'll listen to you, even sing a song to comfort you."

Roksu remained silent.

"You like my dying chicken voice, I'll be sure to sing you a diva's song."

Cale just can't ignore this kid.

TBC