Failure

Red Robin told us what we were getting into, but to be honest, we had no clue what was coming our way. Spoiler took the high grounds and got a closer look, "Nightwing is down! And Robin is outnumbered!" She cried.

"What are we up against?" I asked.

"I don't know, I can't tell,"

"Spoiler, Orphan, Red Robin, you guys get Nightwing out of there and take out the baddies over there. I'll go after the kid, Babs will cover me until we group back up." They all hesitated, "Do you have a better plan?" I gritted.

"Come On let's go get Nightwing!" Tim called, they nodded and followed. I rolled my eyes behind my helmet, okay don't listen to the dead guy listen to the High schooler.

I locked on Damian's location, it was dark and the lights flickered. I was headed towards a dead end. "Where the hell is he?" I took my guns out of their holsters and looked around. It was quiet. Too quiet. My chest tightened and my hands clenched the handles tighter, what is this why does this seem so familiar?

A broken memory of Talia emerged in my mind. It was somewhat hazy, and I couldn't quite remember her face, but I could hear her words clearly. "Stealth is the most crucial element of being an assassin. We concealed ourselves in the shadows and used them to our advantage. An assassin knows when to strike".

Within a few seconds, I found myself surrounded by a group of men, their outfits and weapons unlocking memories that I had no idea existed. My mind was overwhelmed with a gush of flashbacks and voices that seemed to be coming from all directions. I could feel my heart racing with fear and confusion as I tried to make sense of the situation. "Aghn s-shut up!" I held my head. They went in to strike and knocked one of my guns out of my hand. "I'm tired of you life ruin-ers. Do me a favor and go to hell!" I kicked him off of me and shot another, the good thing about these losers is they like swords, not guns. I dodged a swing and barely missed the other, dammit they're fast, "Where's the kid?" They kept attacking without a response. I grabbed a grenade out of my jacket and pulled the pin. I jumped and the explosion blew me to the ground. I looked back at the damage, a man twisted in agony. I picked up his weapon and held it to his chest from above him, "Where? Is. He."

"You're pathetic." He glared.

I stepped on his broken arm, "Tell Me." I demanded. He grabbed the sword and stabbed himself, "Twisted freaks," I muttered. "Damn it, where are you?" A bat-a-rang fell from the sky. I looked up, "There you are!" I sprinted towards the lighthouse where I spotted Damian and an assassin on the balcony. I swiftly grabbed my grappling hook and attached it to the railing. I pushed the button, driving me towards the balcony.

"Your grandfather wanted you to have this, happy birthday you worthless traitor." He raised his sword while the others held Damian down. They kept his arms restrained, and one of them raised his weapon above Damian's neck. I made my badass entrance and kicked the attacker off the balcony with my boots, another memory flashed before my eyes, this time involving a baby. I overreacted and stumbled backward, barely managing to hold onto the balcony railing. I pulled myself back up only to find my new "friends" already staring down at me.

"Tell his asshole grandfather that he can go suck a–" They both held up their weapons to swing at my hands, I pivoted to the other ledge and grabbed Damian's cape pulling him towards me. I shot out the rusty hinges keeping the balcony up. "Give me your hand-"

*Screech*

"ShIIIIIIII–" my grappling hook came undone, I grabbed his arm and moved towards the outside stairs before my support system completely gave out. I was able to get half my body on the steps before the hook came crashing down. I pulled Damian up out of breath, "Hey are you okay?" He was slumped over leaning on the wall. He turned to have his back against me. "Kid? Hey, I'm talking to you-"