We Chase Levitating Circles (Hugo)

Hugo POV

August 30, 2021

My life was never the same after Rose released those creatures. She wanted to plan with me every day even though she knew I had no idea what was going on. She ranted on and on and I couldn't keep up with any of it. Honestly, she would've had better luck talking to other people, but even the smartest people I know weren't that smart. So Rose came to the door of my room at 7 am and asked to talk to me. It was summer break, I should've been able to sleep until noon!

"Come on Hugo!" She complained.

"I'm coming. I have to wake up, you know. That takes time."

"I don't care." She started to walk out, then turned and continued, "Oh, by the way, Scorpius is here." I immediately jumped out of bed. That seemed like something she should have mentioned.

After I finished getting ready, I ran into the living room and joined Rose and Scorpius.

"Okay, so one of the most important things is getting to know the elements that we will be dealing with." Rose started.

"How do you know all this?" I asked.

"I don't know." She answered. "I guess it just comes with my magic."

There was a moment of silence, then Rose started up again, "So there are twelve main elements. Those are the only ones that I am certain were released. Five extra important ones and seven others. Earth is the first element. It controls land and nature. All elements can be used for danger—"

"Hey, Rose?" I asked.

"What!?" She said impatiently.

I innocently requested, "Can I have some tea?" She stood up quickly, poured water into a cup, and shoved a tea bag in. She occasionally said something along the lines of "Learn how to make your own tea".

She returned to the room and handed me the mug. "Thanks Rose!" I smiled.

She sat down and continued, "As I was saying, all elements could be used for danger. Earth, for example, could destroy all plant life and mass oxygen producers. Earth holders are known for loving plants and being protective people."

"Well, who on Earth is that?" I asked. "You get it? Did you get it? Like earth- Like it's earth and who on Earth? Do you get it?"

"Yes, Hugo. We all understood your terrible pun. And we don't know yet." She said, annoyed.

"Don't know what?" I asked

"WHO THE EARTH HOLDER IS YET!" She yelled.

"Jeez, no need to yell." I mumbled

"Whatever, I'll continue. The second element is water. That's mine. Water can control the ocean, lakes, rivers, and basically any body of water. Most common waterholder traits are wise, moody, and strong."

"Accurate." I added. Scorpius nodded in agreement.

"Then there is air. It can control oxygen and the weather. They can also fly. Air holders are often calm and controlled but can be sharp when needed. Next is fire. Its host has the power to burn down entire cities if they desire. Fire is unhinged and known for being hot-headed and fierce."

"What do you mean by 'known for' I thought this was like, a secret?" Rose ignored my question.

"The last of the main five, and the most important element, is reality. That is Scorpius's element." Scorpius looked up quickly, surprised. "Reality controls where things are, what time it is, whether the universe is moving or not. This element in the wrong hands could destroy the universe in seconds flat. This element controls whether anything can happen. It can easily freeze time or teleport anywhere."