╰┈ 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐞, 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

After the Phantomhive Household was rebuilt, Ciel and Sebastian arrived at the manor after recovery

After the Phantomhive Household was rebuilt, Ciel and Sebastian arrived at the manor after recovery. The earl arrived at the study only to find the woman sitting at the desk, waiting for him.

“Good, you have arrived. Just who I want to see.” [Y] greeted the child.

“It's you…” Ciel furrowed his eyebrows as the woman took a sip of her tea. “Why are you here? Who are you?”

“Like I say, Ciel. I am referred to as father. Have some manners.” The woman scolded the new earl, making him flinch when they made eye contact. The woman then stood up and walked over to Ciel, “Let us head to the drawing room and talk. Butler, prepared us some tea and gave this child some treats.”

“Understood.” Sebastian bowed. The woman gently led Ciel into the hallway while Sebastian went to get some tea and treats. As they head to the room, [Y] starts a conversation, “You may have seen me with your father sometime, but we haven't had the chance to talk. I am [Y] Arlecchino, and I will be your guardian. From now on, you will call me “father” rather than my name.” [Y] stated as they reached the drawing room. The woman opened the door for the child, letting him inside before her.

“I don't understand why you even help me. It's true that I've seen you with my father, but I don't trust you. And I would never call you father.” Ciel narrowed his eyes as the two took a seat. [Y] hummed, “You just needed some time to understand me. I understand you, child. You already heard of the Knave, correct?”

“...The Knave. He's the fourth of the Eleven Harbinger, right? Father told me about them.” Ciel mumbled. “I've heard that they mentioned you as the Knave.”

“Indeed, I am. Do you wanna know why I became Arlecchino, the Knave?” [Y] inquired.

“...What is it that makes you become the Knave?” The earl questioned.

“You see…” the woman grabbed a king chess piece and placed them on the table, “There's a rule, where the children must become the “king”. As my mother previously stated, we are forced to fight and kill each other for the title as the “king”...I was forced to fight my sister…”

“...! Did you…?”

“Unfortunately, yes. I was able to put my mother in her place and become the current Arlecchino. In the House of the Hearth, you are to fight for the title.” [Y] finished, knocking the king chess piece. “Now that you're the earl, you are the king. Those who fall into your hand, are nothing but pawns. Do you think you could keep the title as the king? Are you willing to let those pawns take advantage of you? You'll fight to keep the spot, will you?”

“...”

“The choice is yours…” [Y] mumbled as Sebastian arrived with the tea and treats. “Take your time.”

“...This lady, why is she helping me? The Fatui Harbinger are dangerous to the society and the city of London are in their debt.” Ciel thought, taking a sip of his tea, “Is she pretending just to let my guard down?”