જ➴ chapter five.

Beginne am Anfang

"Why are you being so serious Sun-hee? I'm your bestest friend and you know how much I care about your relationship. You guys were my ideal couple back in school, remember how much I used to adore you both together."

She might have the talent to put sweetest words together to frame a sentence acknowledged to language till date but she still lack her body composure as judging on her physical state now, I can surely tell how much hatred she have towards me for being Sunghoon's girlfriend till present and the way she is gripping the table cloth as if all her urge to not grab me by the throat for again being Sunghoon's first love cannot be obvious.

I thought to cool out the conversation but she doesn't deserve my sweet side and I'm not gonna let her go easily this time. The seventeen old version of me is the one who deserves justice for this miserable backstabbing she experienced because of Mi-rae.

"That's why you sent me the fake screenshot of Sunghoon openly flirting with you over the texts huh? Oh no wait or because you were the one who spread the lamest rumors that I was dating him because of his visuals and money and that there was no love between us." My words caused a terrible panic attack in her. That's what I wanted. Poor her, she has no idea how slowly I'm gonna make her regret what she paid me back of my complete trust in her.

"Anniii Sun-hee shii what rubbish you're saying? Why would I even do that?" She let out a scoff and tried holding my hand but I yanked it back and pretended like I was utterly clueless causing her to be embarrassed about her own gesture.

Maybe this was enough and I should take a leave but something inside me made me sit back as to where I am right now. In front of her stopping myself to stab her right now.

"Because you didn't like me being Sunghoon's girlfriend?" I said flatly while taking a bite of vanilla pastry. I enjoyed having but what I enjoyed more was the color draining from her face after every response I made to her fake ones.

She was for sure smiling but I could tell how much curses she was hiding beneath the layer of fake personalities she wore. Now she was the person in the room to exit as fast as she could but I wasn't in the mood to allow her. Let me enjoy the little games she loved playing back in school, to open the cover each by each of her wrong doings. Oh how much I love all this.

"You know what I think we three should go for dinner sometime, just me, Sunghoon and of course you as well."

That's why she was still putting up with her act till now. She thought that we both were still together and by manipulating me she could get access to Sunghoon as well. But before I could show her where she belonged, someone behind me spoke in a totally harsh tone.

"Oh I'm pretty sure Sunghoon wouldn't like seeing you after what you did to his Sun-hee." I turned around only to find Si-hyeon standing all bold and proud while glaring at Mi-rae like she would be getting burnt into ashes any minute now.

I smiled at her and she gave me a side hug while suiting herself on the empty seat beside me. "Si-hyeon? It's so good being reunited with both of you, doesn't it feel like back in school days?" Mi-rae said it again with her fake sweet tone earning a synchronized eye roll from both of us.

Humans really can be persistent and have no control over their self respect sometimes.

"Well I woke up in a bad mood this morning and thought nothing could go worse but look who I bumped into." And that was the perfect comeback I've ever heard being thrown at Mi-rae in my entire life.

One could say, being brutally honest runs in the Park family, as if Sunghoon wasn't honest enough Si-hyeon is 4 steps ahead of him. "And I'm pretty sure," Si-hyeon continued, "Sunghoon wouldn't be happy as well bumping into someone who hurted his Sun-hee's feeling so terribly."

I think that punched me hard. Sure Sunghoon didn't liked Mi-rae's presence ever since he met her and what she did with the rumors and backstabbing me was enough to let him hate her but listening to Si-hyeon saying these words so confidently made me feel loved by his mention alone and don't let me start how much I'm missing him at the moment.

Mi-rae looked at us both in pure guilt and made some lame excuse that she remembered something important and had to take a leave immediately like that didn't make both of us the happiest. We bid her goodbye while controlling our laugh to its peak when my heart sank again at Si-hyeon's question.

"Do you miss Sunghoon by any chance?" She asked if taking my hands is her ever so gently. "I don't know." I murmured but she was attentive enough to hear it. "That means you do, if you were over him you would have said no instantly but you didn't and that leaves me some hope because Sunghoon's missing you a lot as well." Forget about sinking, my heart is now drowned when she let out those words. This can't be real or is it?

"How do you know this?" I asked.

"Know what?" She asked back confusingly.

"That he's missing me?" I asked again with a little ray of tennie tiny hope.

"Well he cried over you last night. He is missing you so badly these days that nothing seems to capture his attention apart from you."

"Isn't he in Japan?" The only word that left my mouth after the confession I was longing to hear for years. But something seemed suspicious when Si-hyeon wasn't aware as to what I asked and only knitted her eyebrows together with a *huh?* sound escaping her lips.

"Isn't he in Japan, Si-hyeon? Then how could you know what his condition is from past these days or that he cried over me?" I was shocked for sure but what I felt more was confusion.

Now she appeared to be the one panicking like Mi-rae from a few minutes ago. She got up abruptly and was taking her exit while mumbling, "We talked on video call last night, he sometimes face call me." She then took her coat, and patted my shoulder, "I have to leave quick, take care Sun-hee hmm?" And just like that she left making me hella confused and nervous over what that I wasn't sure as well.

But was Sunghoon in Korea back or did they really talk on video call? And why does she appear so red handed and left as if I'll caught on something I shouldn't be know?

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩