6. Consequences.

Începe de la început

What. Was. That?

She was found herself in a nice, but absolutely empty park, no one around, no sounds people are usually making, just a light warm wind, the rustle of leafs. Somewhere way away, she could hear a sound of a freeway.

Where am I?

Terry looked at her wrist. It surely turned out that instantly she transported herself somewhere. What is this place? She glanced around. I don't recall this place. It is not a Budapest at least. For a second, she was afraid that she could never return home if it's too distant. No. I did it once, I can do it again. Reassured herself, she breathed out.

So that was a magic? Sure looks that way. She tensed, trying to do the same thing as she did in the house, but another heavy vertigo forced her to relax.

Seems like I can't do that too often.

Then she tried to remember what she was thinking when that happened. No wonder, I had thought about her, like, I can't even think about anyone else. Oh Edith, what have you done? She put two and two together.

She is here — or, to say better, she was here. Wherever is this place, she was here.

Someone's steps have interrupted her minds. "Hey, miss! Park is closed!" The policeman was polite, but she immediately decided that she shouldn't attract unneeded attention. "My bad, I didn't know that. The side gate was open. I will leave immediately."

The policeman waved off. "That's okay. You can sit a little if you like, just please, don't be too greedy. I, honestly, shouldn't do that, but it's so nice today here." 

Terry hesitated for a moment. "I better leave, don't want any problems for you. But it seems I forgot how I went into the park, can you please show me the way?"

He explained, and Terry went away. As she moved closer and closer to the exit, the city noise became more prominent, and finally, she stepped out into the crowded street.

Wow. Is it for real?

A street was indeed crowded, and it was a spectacular show of the colors, scents, and noises. Someone bumped her shoulder and immediately disappeared in the crowd, muttered something, and she backed away to the wall.

I have no idea where I am, but regardless, it's so cool!

Then she noted the flag way above on the balcony. White, green, red. She was yet to remember what the flag it is, but it was something familiar, something close. Not a Hungary, though. Shaking her head, she moved on down by the street, maneuvering between tourists.

A time later, when she almost started to boil from the need of constant squeezing between wandering people, she finally popped out onto the smaller and much more breathable street. If it's the part of the traveling, I might review my life goals, she said to herself with a crooked smile.

Terry found a café, and it was a good timing, she was hungry enough to have a hunger and feeling good enough to be able to eat. For some time, she was just enjoying the trip. All in all, it was a real voyage, not an hour-long train ride to Esztergom, no — she was in another country, eating an unfamiliar meal, looking out on the streets she had never seen before. For a second, she felt euphoria. I am traveling. Holy cow.

Terry returned out of her memory. She still couldn't remember how she managed to get to the hotel, but it wasn't much of a matter. At least she had a place to stay until she felt better enough to continue her chase.

Tomorrow she will move forward.

***

Terry was standing at the Witch hill, she recalled this scene immediately. Less a week ago, she was here with Edith and Emily, looking at the black round left after the Circle disappeared. This time, though...