Chapter 1: The Crimson Tyrant Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

Grim: Gggrrnnn... But that collar cuts off your magic, it's horrible and it sucks!

Roxy: *sigh* Excuses. But I will say this, you do make a good point. So I credit you for that.

(Roxy pats Grim on the head, where he was about to swat her hand away but ended up enjoying the affection and praise before she drew her hand away.)

Roxy: By the way, what's a "Unique Magic"?

Cater: Hm? You mean Riddle's Unique Magic?

Deuce: Unique... Means that it's magic only he can use?

Trey: It's magic that's strictly limited to one person... Simply put, it's magic that reflects the character of the user that only they can use, so "Unique Magic". You'll learn about it in class eventually.

(Roxy hummed in intrigue, seeing how this world and the ones she previously went to, they're bound to share some kind of link.)

Cater: Riddle's unique magic lets him seal another person's magic for a fixed amount of time. It's called "Off with your head!".

Grim: Hiiii! Just the name is terrifying.

Roxy: Hm, How fitting.

Cater: As a wizard, having your magic sealed hurts like losing your head. Therefore, you shouldn't break Riddle's rules inside the dorm.

Roxy: Lovely. (Mutters) Remind me not to visit that dorm first.

Trey: It also means he isn't scary if you follow the rules.

Ace: So what you're saying is I have to go buy a tart or Cater will kick me out again?

Cater: That's right. As decided by Law of the Queen of Hearts, No. 53. In particular, Riddle really looks forward to eating the first piece of a whole tart so he won't forgive unless it's whole.

Ace: You said you want to be friends so you can't just overlook that!

Cater: This is that, this is this.

Deuce: But aren't whole tarts pretty expensive?

Ace: Blegh. I don't have that kind of money.

Cater: Then how about making one? The other tarts were all made by Trey.

Roxy: Wow, that's pretty impressive.

Ace: Trey, you made that tart? Amazing It was as good as a pro's.

Trey: Haha, thank you. It's true I have all the tools and seasonings but... I won't help you for free.

Ace: Eeeehh!? I have to pay for it!

Trey: Haha, I'm not gonna squeeze money out of an underclassmen. If we're going to make the tart Riddle wants to eat next, we need a lot of chestnuts. Could you gather them for me?

Ace: Either way is a pain. Well, how many do you need?

Trey: To make it for the Unbirthday Party we'll need... About 2~300, I think.

Deuce/Grim: That many!?

Trey: Then I'll have you roast them and remove the outer shell to take out the nut.

Grim: Can I go home?

Deuce: Me too.

Ace: You traitors!

Cater: You know, tarts that everyone makes together are always the best. To make memories? You might even make your debut as a food blogger.

Roxy: Sure, sounds fun. If they won't help, I'll make up for the shortage of hands.