Chapter 6

Cat and Mouse- Chapter 6

A/N: Heads up before you read, there is a bad word in this chapter. It felt appropriate for the feelings of this chapter. I also have ideas for a second story, but I wanted your guys' opinion on if I should start a second one. The updates would be slower on this story. Is it worth it? Remember to vote, comment and follow! *kisses*

P.S.- Picture of Lucas above. Cute, isn't he?

"We need to go somewhere private." I said, looking ahead as he drove away from my house.

"Yes, we do." I was stunned by the lack of kindness in his voice. He probably knew this was coming, so I can't expect him to be happy about it. I shifted my weight nervously in the passenger seat.

"Where are we going?" I looked to him with a questioning glance. His black SUV turned left on the dark street and we were heading somewhere unknown to me. He looked forward with a cold stare. "Damon? Where are we going?" I tried again, but his icy blue eyes were fixed on the road.

We drove for a while longer, and I started to get sleepy. My pink hair wrapped around my body, giving it a sense of security and warmth. The athletic outfit I was wearing became unbearably comfortable as I drifted off to sleep. I can trust Damon. Cute, kind, warm Damon... all he did was care for me. Yes, he was impulsive but he was loyal and he was a good person. I felt a hand intertwine with mine, and my world went black.

------------------

"Baby. Baaaaaaaaaaabyyyyyyyyy. Get up. Hello?" I heard Damon's voice, lulling me out of my dream state. I moaned sleepily and opened my eyes to see a blur of blonde hair and cat ears. He looked so... beautiful. With my clouded mind, I pulled him close to me and pressed my lips to his. He leaned into the kiss, snaking an arm around my waist.

What the hell am I doing? My brain jolted back to reality. My eyes snapped open and I pulled away from him. His eyes seemed calmer now, and he was definitely stressed and depressed looking.

I somehow wound up in the backseat of Damon's car, he probably carried me here. I glanced at the clock, it was 2 hours later than when I fell asleep, and it was still dark. I have to break up with him, and I just kissed him. Way to send mixed signals, you idiot.

"Baby..." He groaned softly and pulled me closer, my ears rubbing against his chin. His chest began heaving unnaturally and I heard him hiccup, or at least what I thought was a hiccup. I looked up and something wet fell on my face. I'm not a fan of water. Is the roof leaking? I glanced up at his face and my heart stopped. He was crying.

"D-Damon..." I stuttered in a broken whisper.

"You want him, don't you?" He said, another tear falling from his swollen blue eyes.

I couldn't respond to that question. I don't know what I want... Or at least I don't know anymore. Lucas is a cheater, but I would never have to worry about him attacking anyone. Damon is so protective and sweet and loyal... I wiped Damon's tears away.

"You're breaking up with me, aren't you? Because of my damn instincts." I agreed with him mentally. "I'm sorry I'm so broken..." He trailed off into a fit of hiccuped crying. My heart broke, and the purpose of this car ride dissolved.

"B-Baby, please don't cry." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and cradling his head against my shoulder. "You're not broken. Don't ever say that."

"Lydia." He pulled me into his lap careful not to hurt my leg. We were face to face and I was practically straddling him. I blushed a bright red and my breathing became faster.

"Yes?" I squeaked out. I held my breath as he cleared his throat and opened his mouth to speak.

"Lydia Marie Ross, you mean everything to me. You are my entire world. I know I've messed up a lot, and I've hurt you, but I want to prove to you that I can be different. I want to be that man for you. Or Cat-man I should say." He smiled a little and I giggled.

My heart swelled at his words. He wants to change, for me? It made me feel so special. I'm his one and only... He's made mistakes but so does everyone else.

"I love you." He spoke seriously and cautiously, but with a loving tone. "Will you forgive me and give me a second chance?"

I froze. We've never used the "L" word before. Was I even ready for it? Would he leave if I didn't say it back? Say something before you look stupid! My brain screamed at me.

"Yes, I forgive you."

"Thank you baby, that means so much." He pulled me flush against him and kissed me. He pulled away and kissed me on the nose. "I love you, Lydia."

Aw shit.