𝑶𝒓𝒍𝒂 𝑴𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝑱𝒂𝒄𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒆

"Uh, Orls, I have something kinda big to tell you."

Orla could hear the excitement in her brother's voice through the phone.

"Yeah?" She asked, smiling as she continued to try and do work at her desk, more just waiting impatiently for her brother's response.

"Well... I have a girlfriend."

Orla gasped. "I knew it! I just- oh my gosh, this is amazing! It is the girl you were holding hands with at the twelve hour challenge a few weeks ago?"

"You saw that?" Noah choked out.

"Of course I did, you weren't exactly being private!" Orla giggled. "Come on, Noah, it's not that embarrassing - I've kissed James like, ten times in front of you."

"More like a hundred," she could hear her brother's eye roll.

"So, what's her name?" Orla asked.

"Jacquie," Noah said.

"Nice name," Orla shrugged. "Okay, so anyway - have you guys kissed yet?"

"What?! I'm not telling you that, Orls!" Noah shouted.

Orla laughed. "Come on, tell me."

He sighed. "Once."

Orla smiled slightly. "Was it good-?"

"Okay, now you've crossed a line."

There was a small silence between them as Noah said. "Well, in other news, and I don't know whether Emily told you this or not, but... I switched teams yesterday. Went to TNS West."

"What? Seriously?" Orla asked, shocked. All she could think was, Ems won't be pleased.

"Yeah," Noah nodded. "I just- look, I know she's your best friend, but Emily worked us like crazy. It wasn't fun and when I looked at TNS West... I don't know, I guess I just thought that that atmosphere was what I remembered about A-Troupe. And... I wanted that back."

Orla smiled slightly. "Noah that's... that's really good. Do you prefer it there?"

"Yeah, well... I prefer the atmosphere. It's hard that I can't see Jacquie much in rehearsals, but... I like dancing with them," explained Noah.

Orla smiled.

"Noah, that's dinner- oh, hello Orla!" The voice of Victoria Taylor, Orla and Noah's mum, came through the phone.

Orla smiled. "Hi, mum!"

"I was just coming to remind your brother of dinner, but whilst we have you here, I was wondering if you and James would want to come for dinner on Saturday? Noah's bringing Jacquie as well."

Orla grinned. "With an offer like that? I couldn't refuse."

"Great," her mum smiled. "Now I have to go and check your dad hasn't eaten all the spaghetti, but I'll see you Saturday, love you!"

"Love you too, mum!" Orla smiled.

Once she was gone, Noah hissed. "I swear to god, Orla, if you're planning on telling Jacquie anything-"

"Oh, chill," Orla snorted. "I won't tell her anything. I promise."

"Thanks, Orls," Noah sighed. "Okay, I have to go. See you soon."

"See you soon, Noah," Orla grinned as she hung up.

Her fingers were crossed.

♥︎♥︎♥︎