prologue

Two souls walked from Pentagram City, one with a large smile etched on his face; the other walking next to him with a small frown

"I never signed up to be a hotel manager.." she said, looking off into the distance.

She saw the stunt the daughter of Lucifer pulled on the news; it certainly didn't help anyone take the idea of a hotel that can rehabilitate souls seriously.

"You're not going to be, my dear! You'll just be helping keep things running smoothly." The demon next to her said with that never fading smile of his.

That demon just so happened to be Alastor, the radio demon that was known to broadcast the screams of pain and agony of anyone who crossed him.

She looked into the distance, and saw a tall dingy looking building and winced.

"That's the hotel, isn't it."

"How'd you know? You have a very keen eye!" He said fixing his monocle.

She wasn't nervous, moreover just skeptical of the whole ordeal.

When she took the job as Alastors assistant, she expected him to ask her to help with torturing sinners, or something of that nature.

As she and Alastor walked up to the doors of the hotel, she sighed, as Alastor opened the door for her, and called out with his booming voice.

"Good evening everyone! I have a very special little lady to introduce to you!" He said, bringing her by the arm in front of him, as she stood there with her arms at her side.

She was met with a hoard of unfamiliar faces, like a white haired girl with a 'x' over her eye, and some familiar faces, like that of Charlie Morningstar.

Everyone in the room looked over at the girl, in silence. She took a small breath before starting to speak.

"Hello all.. I am–"

"Alastor! Did you get us an actual guest?!" Charlie said, running up to the girl, as someone in the background frowned at her choice of words.

She took her hands in her own and smiled down at her. "Hi! I'm so happy you want to take a chance at cleansing your soul–I'm getting ahead of myself– My name is Charlie Morningstar!" She said with a closed eyed smile.

The girl gave her an awkward smile, before backing away slightly.

"Sorry but I'm not here to be an actual guest.. I'm Alastor's new assistant. Pleased to meet you, Miss Morningstar." She said, with a slight bow, as Charlie blushed, and shook her head.

"No, no need to bow at me! A-and did you say Alastor's assistant..?" She said, looking over at Alastor.

"What would smiles over there even need ya for? Keeping a schedule of when and where he needs to creep around?" A demon with multiple arms said, looking over at her.