He cleared his throat trying to get rid of the shiver that raced down his spine, shaking his head sideways, he responded with a casual shrug of his shoulder.

Nahin.

Suddenly, his sparking eyes met hers, betraying the wild dance of his heart against his chest

Kyun? Kitchen mein manani hai kya?

He asked mischievously.

Mubashira reached out and gently smacked his arm, a pout forming on her lips as she stretched his name in an adorable whinny tone

Zaid!!!

The adorable tone tugged at his heart and he looked at her, the mischief faded into a tender look, betraying his true feelings. He wanted to say something witty but found herself tounge tied, lost into the depths of her beautiful almond orbs. Her eyes, as deep as a sea, showed every emotion that coursed through her, a mixture of hope and uncertainty which tugged at his heart as she clenched his hand into a slightly tight hold.

However, choosing to stay silent, he shrugged his shoulders in a casual manner but she held his hand tighter as he attempted to walk past.

Tum badal gaye ho.

Mubashira said, her words a soft, rich whisper broke through the tranquil silence that had enveloped him and made his heart flutter.

Zaid looked at her then, his gorgeous black orbs bore into her almond brown ones which were filled with sincarity and a hint of vulnerability.

Matlab?

He asked, a hint of curiosity evident in his gaze as he looked at her.

Tum parwah kerte ho meri. Tum sunte ho meri baat, mere sath time spend kerte ho and it all feels like a dream, a beautiful dream.

Mubashira,s voice, filled with awe tugged at his heartstrings. His eyes welled up with a delicate sheen of tears.

He reached out, his hands trembled and then with a touch as light as the whisper of the wind, he brushed her tears away which trailed down her cheeks, unknown to her.

He didn't pulled his hands back, instead cradled her face in his palms, his touch soft and tender as he planted an affectionate kiss on her forehead, his lips lingering there in a moment of tender connection.

When he pulled back, he watched a soft expression clouding her features.

She opened her eyes and their eyes locked once again. His heart fluttered in his chest as their eyes locked once again

Maan kyun nahin lete Zaid?

Mubashira asked seriously and his heart started to pound loudly in his ears all over again. The intensity of her gaze was overwhelming that pierced through his defenses. He didn't knew when his defenses grew so weak. He closed his eyes afraid that his eyes would betray the love he had for her which was hidden deep within the coffins his heart.

He opened his eyes and his eyes met hers and he took a step back at the intense look in her eyes, a shiver raced down his spine. Her eyes held him captive, they were deep pools of emotion drowning him into their depths with an overwhelming intensity that bailed the mischievous interaction they had a few minutes ago.

Her gaze held a promise of a love so intense that would take his breath away and it sent shivers down his spine. Soon he found himself holding her hand with a soft touch.

His lips curled into a soft smile and he asked trying to appear confused but the tremor in his voice betrayed his true emotions.

Kya?

Mubashira smiled then, a bright smile that stole the breathe from his lungs and left him gasping. He didn't knew when she grew from frustrating to endearing but he liked the change but didn't wanted to confess his feelings to her, not now. The time wasn't right.

Yehi ke pasand kerte ho mujhe tum?

She said, her lashes fluttering, a mixture of hope and anticipation evident in the depths of her gaze which sent  shivers down his spine and he took a step back.

But then, he blinked his eyes, his heart pounding against his chest in a wild rhythm and he took a deep breath trying to compose himself as their eyes remained locked

Maybe.

He said shrugging his shoulders in a casual manner.

Mubashira,s eyes sparkled with mischief and she teased

Just maybe.

A little.

He whispered softly hoping for the enquiry to pass with a casual response but he knew that he didn't liked her, he loved her. It was a love that threatened to overwhelm his senses.

But your eyes say something else.

Her words, an intense whisper crumbled his defenses once again and he found himself meeting her gaze again, his breath hitched as he found an ocean in her eyes, an ocean of a love so intense that left him breathless.

Her eyes, a beautiful set of almond brown held him captive, their depths swirling with an exquisite blend of emotions that threatened to pull him under. He found himself moving forward, the distance between them seemed to blur once again as if pulled by an invisible thread of attraction which none of them could resist.

His defenses crumbled finally as the distance between them continued to blur into insignificance leaving only the two of them in their intimate cocoon, his gaze flickered to her lips and anticipation welled up inside him and then his gaze flickered back to her eyes and his breath hitched watching the same anticipation etched into her eyes, their hearts beat in unison as they leaned forward, the air between them crackled with anticipation. Their eyes snapped shut, his hand held onto the delicate curve of her waist, fingers spreading to cover more of it, just as the most anticipated moment was about to arrive, Mubashira,s lips grazed his cheek in a feather light kiss that left him breathless with a mixture of confusion and frustration flooding through his heart.

Coffee. Mujhe coffee peeni hai. Chalo na.

Zaid,s eyes snapped open and he looked at her in a state of daze. The shift of her tone from intense to casual was like a shock to his heart. Before he could say anything, she held onto his hand and tugged him along, towards the kitchen while he followed her dazed.

Coming Up Next: His mischievous side.

Here's the chapter. Yaad se vote and comment ker dena. Love you all take care stay home and stay safe ❤️