23

Chapter 23

Moving Up Ceremony

Eleventh day of July, year Two Thousand and Twenty Three. My last day of being in tenth grade.

It has been a good journey for me.

"Dalian mo, Pa. Alas otso na." I told my Papa when I looked at the clock.

Moving up ceremony na nga, late pa.

[nag start na?]

[Cy : hindi pa, bilisan mo]

[HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA]

I arrived at eight fifteen, and the event already started. Hindi na kami nakapag march ni Papa as an introductory ceremony.

"Chi!" Napalingon ako nang may tumawag sa akin, it was Kierra. Late rin siya at nakatayo sa gilid ng Gymnasium, waiting for the praying event to finish.

Nang matapos naman ay magkasama kaming pumunta ni Kierra sa upuan namin. It was embarrassing since nasa harap ang section namin at maraming nakatingin.

The whole event was good.

I clapped when it was Misha's time to get her award, she has high honors kaya nauna siyang kumuha kaysa sa amin nina Jasen, Kierra, and Cy.

When it was our turn, sobra ang kaba ko. Ang daming tao and I wasn't used to it.

I looked at Cy and immediately smiled when I saw her looking at me.

That what I also did when it was her turn.

We're both achievers.

After the distribution of diploma, the event went on and called it to its end. Lots of people took the chance to take a picture at the stage but Papa seems not to like it and called me.

He wants to go home.

I bumped onto Cy at the gate and bid our goodbye's and congratulations. Though we didn't have much time to spend it, I still love the day.

"Congrats." I said, even bowing to her mom.

When Papa and I finally got out of the school, I silently removed my medal and placed it in my bag. I also wiped my face as I was sweating.

"Bili tayo don?" Napatingin naman ako kay Papa nang ituro niya ang tindahan ng Burgers and Hotdogs.

I nodded and took out my phone.

[safe travelss]

[congrats ulit love, i love youu]

"Anong gusto mo?" Agad naman akong napatingin sa tinitinda nila and immediately pointed at the superlong hotdog.

He stared at me for a minute then ordered two of it. Papa even asked for the spicy one since I enjoy spicy hotdog.

Yon na rin ang parang pinang congratulate sa akin ni Papa since I don't like being that all out everytime na may event. Ayokong gumastos pa sila ng marami.