set sail, to stop the revolution

Start from the beginning

The princess answers back, straightforward and blunt. "It's in the middle of a civil war."

Alabasta...

"For years now, signs of a revolution began to appear. The people revolted, and the kingdom fell into chaos...." The princess hands curled up in her lap, "then, one day, the name of an organization... Baroque Works..."

You don't miss the way Zoro straightened suddenly at the mentioned name.

"I heard that the populace was being manipulated by this group. But there was a tight lid on any other information than that, and there was nothing I could do.

"That's when I asked Igaram, who always meddled in my business since childhood, for help."

Baroque works circles the back of your mind, having for sure heard this name before. It was familiar, easy on the tongue, yet it gives you a headache trying to think more about it. Where was the name from? Why was it familiar?

"That old tube hair guy?" Luffy clarifies, making a motion around his head, of the hair of the do-re-mi guy you had met earlier.

Where have you heard it before?

The princess answers, a glint in her eyes that didn't miss your notice, "I asked him if there was a way I could infiltrate Baroque Works. Because that I could see who was puling the strings... And what their goal was."

"You're a pretty high-spirited princess." Zoro remarks with a grin. "So? Did you figure out their goal?"

The princess nods, but Nami had spoke up before she could.

"The founding of an ideal nation."

Pressure suddenly spikes across your chest, constricting your airflow and leaving you with no room to breathe—a dream crappily written down in one of your worn journals, a dangerous one, a sharp golden object, grains of sand, and an exchange of payment and names—

Who was the one behind those dream?

You breathe again.

Thankfully, no one notices. And the conversation carries on undisturbed.

"The boss says it's to create an ideal nation, but it's all an enormous lie!" The princess does her best to maintain her composure, but you've seen enough to know she was bubbling over with anger. "The true goal is to take over Alabasta Kingdom!"

Suddenly, it all makes sense. The number code names, the bounty hunters, the betrayals (of what was attempted to be).

"I have to hurry back and tell everyone the truth." The princess holds her resolve, managing to find the right words despite her emotions, "to stop the fighting! If I don't do something..."

The princess trails off, her voice dying down. You see her trying to look up and face you all, but somehow, she remained looking at the ground as her fists shakes at her lap.

Nami rubs her forehead, a heavy sigh leaving her lips, "so that's the deal. Now everything finally connects." and leans on the wall with crossed arms, her gaze staying on the princess, who had been fidgeting all the while under everyone's gaze.

"There'd be no money during a civil war, huh?"

The princess is visibly shaken, anything resembling a princess stature leaving every part of her body. She trembles.

After what felt like an eternity without Luffy saying a word, he finally speaks up. He leans even more forward, his body practically falling off of the barrel he sat on. He calls out, a smile pulling on his lips.

"Hey."

And curiosity coming from Luffy never is, and never will be, a good thing.

"Who's pulling the strings?"