"Sorry. Do excuse me" he sniggered "do carry on." he said pulling himself together, and this made Lily burst out laughing so she had to put her face in Finn's chest while he gave her a light slap to stop her from laughing.

"And if he wishes, he will walk with the woman he loves."

"Ok." John spoke up reaching for the pot of tea and pouring himself some.

"You Know. It would be hard for your son to walk anywhere, with a bullet in each knee, wouldn't it." John said completely unbothered and taking a sip from his cup as Arthur, Mr Changretta and everyone turned to him.

"Too much." Vicente said while pointing a finger at John "You said too much my friend. Sabine says, suck and swallow but no! too much. I spit." He says as he spits on the floor making Lily look at him in disgusted, she always hated when Arthur or John spat on the floor it was disgusting.

As he walks away mumbling in Italian one of his men walked forward and began smashing up a chair on the ground.

"Oh, ok you're a bit strong."

"Bloody hell."

John takes another sip of his tea and laughs "Fucking hell."

"Isiah" Arthur turned towards the boy. "Put two extra men on our pubs in Nechells."

"What to taking about Arthur?" John asked his brother. "We're not scared of fucking Eyeties anymore."

"Don't tell Tommy about the chair and clean this fucking shit up." Arthur says as he stands up and walks away as John shouts to him.

"We're not scared of fucking wops!"

"Alright John."

"Arthur!"

"So what now?" Lily asked John

"You're coming with me." he says pointing at the girl and standing up.

"Where we going?"

"Back to the betting shop, and i need my favourite girl with me." He replied ruffling the girls hair and smiling at her making Lily roll her eyes and smile.

Lily would always sit with John in his office when he was getting work done or even if he was just sitting she would be there to. She always just showed up to his office if she was bored knowing he wouldn't mind. And if he had work to do she would sit there quietly reading some of her favourite books that John had gotten for her that he kept on the shelf in his office.

*

"So, you and Finn eh?" John spoke from his desk reading a news paper and drinking tea, while Lily was in a chair right beside him with her feet up reading 'pride and prejudice' one of her favourite books that her mother used to read her before bed.

"What?" She asked frowning.

"Ya know, you too kissed." he said smirking into in tea cup.

"What?!" she said acting oblivious. "No, no we didn't what makes you think that?, we would never, i mean, i would never..." she began rambling on until John stopped her.

"It's alright darling, your secrets safe with me." he said smirking and giving Lily a wink. "But if he hurts ya, i'll take his eyes out."

"He's your brother, you wouldn't do that." Lily said laughing at him.

"No? watch me." John said smirking before going back to reading his newspaper.

'how the fuck did he know' she thought to herself and now that John had brought it up she had realised her and Finn still hadn't talked about it. Was it something to talk about? or just act like nothing happened.