"Yes of course. Just don't do the dramatic stunt again or he will freak out!" I replied.

"Okay sis. I hope he does like me. I just looked for this white dress online for our first date when it does of course eventually happen. It costs a lot but it's so worth it! It has cascading roses down the shoulder area and it has diamonds in the roses' centre!"

"Sounds nice but don't look that far Kasey. He hasn't even asked you out yet! Don't pull your hopes up high hun. I'm only saying it for your benefit."

"Ugh you're so right! I hate it when you're right."

I couldn't take any more Theo talk so I had to make an excuse that Mum was calling me and that I'd be back on at 8pm. Gullible Bethany gave in - she always believes people with what they say and sometimes it lands her in hot water. I headed for my geography book and pen, went downstairs and into my garden.

My parents were lazy and never bothered with our garden so I took control and transformed it in the summer break. I installed a Japanese water feature and bought two white benches which I painted roses on. I then grew roses in a variety of colours which beautifully grew naturally over the top of the bench. Jheeze! I must be obsessed with roses! Other than roses, I grew strawberries, apples, raspberries, carrots and blackberries. This summer I hope to grow some potatoes and herbs. I personally like the idea of growing your own food because you know it's fresh and you know where it's from and believe me, the taste is phenomenal unlike those cheap fruits and vegetables full of chemicals. The idea of picking the apples, slicing them and creating them into mouth-watering apple pies is rather rewarding actually. Cooking is another creative passion of mine as you can guess.

I went and sat on the fresh green grass and let the words flow on to paper. Within twenty minutes I was done. I glanced at my brown leather watch. It was half past seven which meant that I could either log on to MSN now or do something for half an hour then log on. I've always wanted to walk through our local forest that had recently just been opened but I never got the chance. I went to find the leaflet on the new forest and looked for the map. There was a route in the forest where I could walk for exactly twenty three minutes giving me seven minutes to go back home and log on to MSN. I decided to take the risk of walking alone in the forest. The adrenaline rush would give me something worth having in my spare time.

"I'M GOING OUT DAD!" I yelled as I put on my black leather bomber jacket.

"OKAY!" he yelled back.

See what I mean? He didn't even ask when I'd be back by. Instead he's rather park his ass on the sofa watching sports and watching how other people are becoming millionaires.

It wasn't a long walk to Spikewood Forest. In fact it was only a three minute walk as it was just around the corner.

As soon as I reached the golden gates, I walked straight through it on a brown path which curved to the right. There were dark trees everywhere and only a little sunshine peeked through through the canopy of trees. I wasn't frightened at all. I actually liked the idea of being by yourself in the darkness. I knew I definitely would be coming back here again for reflection when needed. I continued my walk and found a spot where I could lie down. The forest wasn't exactly deserted but it wasn't packed either. Families would walk past roughly every five minutes. I lay down with my hands behind my head and slowly closed my eyes. A couple of seconds later I heard a rustle of the leaves. I looked to the left where the rustling sound had come from. I didn't see anything but an amber eye which instantly disappeared as soon as I looked into it. It did look very familiar and there was one name that came to mind. It couldn't be Theo. How could he have known where I was going? My parents don't even know where I have gone! I suddenly shivered at the thought that Theodore Morela was stalking me. I got up to go home as I was completely petrified at this point. It was good timing anyway as it was eight minutes till eight.

I ended up arriving at my house earlier than anticipated. It must have been because I literally fast walked to my house thinking that Theo may be some kidnapper on the loose ready to whisk me away in some white van.

I threw off my black Doctor Martins and ran up two flights of stairs up to the third floor. The third floor is mine as I have my bedroom in the loft and an en suite bathroom. I rapidly turned the computer on and logged in to find messages from Bethany that had been sent recently... perhaps even at the time when I was taking my Doctor Martens off.

"OH MY GOD! KASEY JUST AS YOU WENT AS WELL! I NEED YOU RIGHT NOW! :@ THEODORE SENT ME A TEXT!" it read.

"Kasey?! What's up?!" I typed back, sweating frantically.

"Thank God! Okay I don't know if you know but I kinda slipped my number on a piece of paper in his pencil case and he slipped his number back into mine. He texted me just after you went saying "Hey Bethany, it's Theo. I just wanted to say sorry for messing things up between you and Kasey. I tripped over her by accident and it's not her fault for not moving. I was practically weighing her down. I also know that you like me and I just want you to know that I don't like you in that way and I'd like to remain as friends... or even close friends if you like. Theo"

I froze staring at this text. I couldn't move. My hands were literally frozen. He was so straight forward! Yet he crushed my best friend's heart! I couldn't hate him though. It's not his fault if he doesn't like her.

"Aaaw Bethany I'm so sorry! But hey! There's more fish in the sea (:" I replied back to Bethany.

"Yeah I hope so. I bet he does like someone though."

"Don't worry I am positive you will! I bet he doesn't - he's only just started at our school!"

Just then my crappy Nokia mobile started to ring. It was an unknown person calling on the number that was on the paper.

"Hello?" I said, after picking up my phone.

"Guess who." said the familiar voice.

"Theo?"

"You're good with guesses aren't you?"

"Not really, I'm pretty crappy at it."

"Well I don't think so. I just wanted to say thanks for the school tour during lunch time and... Um... Any news with Bethany?"

"You're welcome and yeah we've made up and I'm on MSN with her right now. I heard about the text."

"Ahh, that's great news! ...Oh yeah that... I just had to be straight forward with her. I didn't want her to think I was gonna ask her out when I am not. I'd rather let her know now than crushing her heart later in time when her feelings for me would have gotten stronger."

"Yeah it is... yeah I guess so. Wise decision mah friend."

" Haha yeah... Kasey, I was wondering... Are you were busy tomorrow?"

Oh God. He wasn't asking me out was he?

"Umm no not really. Why?"

"You'll see haha. Oh it's not a date by the way. Just a friendly gesture."

"Okay. Haha, yeah I know know that!"

"So I guess I'll see you at school then."

"Yeah, see ya."

"Bye Kasey"

And with that, he hung up. I didn't know what to think at all what so ever. I returned to me and Bethany's conversation to find a million messages asking where the heck I was. I didn't want to tell her about me going with Theo in case she started to ask about things. Besides, she was already heart broken by the fact that he didn't like her so by rubbing it in her face that I was going to go somewhere with him would be evil. All I ended up telling her was that he rang me to apologise and ask about my friendship with her. She was thrilled to know he cared. I guess she was fine with being friends with him.

That night I lay there in my bed wondering where the hell he was going to take me. At that thought, I instantly thought of two words. Kidnapper and paedophile. I quickly got out of bed and put my mint spray and hairbrush in my school bag. If he tries to do something to me I'll spray his eyes with my mint spray and then bash his head with my wooden hairbrush. I'm such a bad ass.

I went through our phone conversation again just to hear one last time his velvety soft voice ring in my head before going to sleep

"Just a friendly gesture..." I softly said before falling fast asleep.