first love

the sound of lips meeting and heavy breathing fills the room.

freen and becky were exchanging kisses, their lips playing an old symphony only the two of them knew. they were kissing like nothing has changed between them, kissing like they never broke up.

freen thinks she should pull back, or that becky should pull back, but the latter is kissing her over and over, ravishing and sucking her lips like those are the only thing she wanted all this time.

rationality is long gone by the time becky moves above to straddle freen. they kissed and kissed more as freen wraps an arm around becky's waist, hugging the woman closer.

this prompts becky to place her arms around freen's shoulder, pushing the latter to lean further against the couch.

that's when freen groans due to her injury.

"gosh. i'm sorry!" becky pulls back quickly in shock. "i'm sorry. i forgot!"

"i'm fine," says freen, wincing, massaging her shoulder. "don't worry. it doesn't hurt that much now like before."

"i'm sorry. i got carried awa--"

"one more sorry, and i'll kiss you again, becky."

becky stops and blushes. she presses her lips together and opts for tenderly stroking freen's shoulder with her hand instead.

freen silently takes in their position: how becky is still sitting on her lap, legs folded on either side of her legs. she touches becky's waist, making the latter look at her.

"do you have to go home tonight?"

becky's hand on freen's shoulder stops. she looks at freen, then shakes her head.

"i'm supposed to be at work now."

freen nods. "sleep with me here tonight?"

becky blinks. her face softens. she nods.

---

there are a lot of questions sitting at the back of freen's head now, waiting to be voiced out.

'what happened to you and mew last night? did you had sex? or were you not in the mood cos you're worrying about me?'

'does your husband know you didn't go to work tonight? will you tell him what happened to us?'

'what will happen to us after this? did we just cheat on him? are we back together now?'

but freen knows asking those questions would either make or break them. she's not ready for any of it yet, not sure of what to do about it yet. whichever path they take, someone will surely get hurt -- and freen knows she'll always be on the losing side.