𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 {𝟒}

.....༻꧁✰𖦹✰꧂༺.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.....༻꧁✰𖦹✰꧂༺.....

The cell was cold and cramped, and Caspian felt like the walls were closing in on him. Though, that could just be the gut wrenching fear, he had already thrown up in the bucket in the corner of his cell. His imprisonment room had a mat on the floor in the corner, and that bucket that was mentioned before. That was it. He had nothing else in there. Of course, he didn't have it as bad as the bounty hunter that was strung up on a wooden pole a couple of feet away from his confinement.

There was a small window with bars next to the door with three bars, facing out into the courtyard, giving Caspian a view of the outside world. He didn't know how long he was going to be in here, he didn't know if he was going to be fed, he didn't know if the Marines were just going to let him rot in this cell. Speaking of Marine's, he had one standing guard outside of his cell, they weren't doing a very good job though, because they had fallen asleep around twenty four minutes ago.

It's near midnight at this point, Caspian has his legs up against the clay wall, counting the minutes ticking by. He tapped his fingers on the hard floor as the seconds turned into long hours. He was making any noise whatsoever that meant he wouldn't go insane, clicking his tongue, snapping his fingers, whistling, finger tapping, you name it. He couldn't sleep, not because the bed was uncomfortable, but because he was worried if he went to sleep, he may never wake up again. A Marine could easily come in and cut his stomach open, and rip out his internal organs.

Caspian then got up and walked to the other side of the cell, the one with the window, and it didn't take long, it was about two steps. He got down onto his knees, leaning his elbows against the sill of the barred window, setting his chin on top. Caspian looked up at the night sky, mapping the constellations with his eyes. The night was quiet, a pleasant breeze blowing throughout Shells Town. Of course, he couldn't enjoy it in this moment. Caspian sighed a deep sigh, trying not to let tears befall upon his face. It was the twisting feeling of uncertainty that had him crying. He was sat in silence, the only thing shrouding his mind was "What will this mean for my future? My secret is out there now..." That was, if he'll even have a future, after this...

Caspian then jumped out of his skin when a voice spoke "What are you looking for?" It was the bounty hunter. Caspian snapped his head in the bounty hunter's direction, so fast that he hurt his neck, widening his eyes slightly when he saw the moss haired man looking to his side, directly at Caspian.
Caspian hesitantly replied, rubbing his neck to get rid of the dull ache "I- Anything to distract me from my current situation." This was the first proper conversation he was having with this bounty hunter, the quick "Thank you." Caspian had whispered to him in the bar didn't count.
"Keeping yourself sane?" The bounty hunter muttered. He was just as bored as Caspian.
"Exactly." Caspian nodded his head "Currently looking at the stars." The was a pause for a couple of moments, but it wasn't an uncomfortable one.

"I saw how...incredible you were in the bar." Caspian eyed the thick ropes cutting into the bounty hunters arms. "How'd they even catch you?" He asked.
A distant look of realisation then painted the bounty hunters face "That's where I recognise you from...you're the bartender." The moss haired man stated matter-of-factly "And to answer your question, I gave myself up." Usually, this bounty hunter wasn't one with the words, but if he was going to die of dehydration on this pole, he may as well talk to someone.

"D'you think they'll keep us here until we rot?" Caspian questioned, resting his elbow on the sill.
There was a void of silence before the bounty hunter spoke "I have a seven day sentence in this yard, no food or water."
Caspian gasped quietly "Seven days?...Won't the lack of water kill you?"
"I'll survive if it rains. I can drink the water sent from the heavens." The bounty hunter mentioned. "What about you? How long are you here for?"

Caspian went quiet, the answer to the question flying straight to the front of his mind, but he didn't want to say it, he didn't want to admit it. "I don't know."
"I...I don't know. They didn't give me a set time." Caspian sighed heavily "The uncertainty is eating me alive. The feelings stifling." Caspian sank to the floor next to the window, leaning his head back against the cold wall.

A longer moment of silence before the bounty hunter whispered "Can I ask you something?"
Caspian removed his head from it position against the wall, looking out of the window from his position on the floor, and mumbled "Sure."

"What are you?" The bounty hunter quietly asked.

Caspian's face fell "So he did see me when I was being shoved into this cell...I was hoping by some miracle he didn't. Even though he made direct eye contact with me."
"You don't have to answer if you don't want to." The bounty hunter continued.
"No...no, it's okay." Caspian reassured "You just took me off guard."

Caspian drew in a deep breath before he answered, letting the oxygen flow to every point in his body, before letting it out through his mouth. He then answered "𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐚𝐦...I've been this way ever since I started swimming at nine, but I had no one at that point, so I couldn't ask anyone about it."

.....༻꧁✰𖦹✰꧂༺.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.....༻꧁✰𖦹✰꧂༺.....

After this moment, Caspian and the bounty hunter exchanged conversation throughout the night. Caspian hadn't talked to anyone like this in so long, that's why he was so eager.

.....༻꧁✰𖦹✰꧂༺.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.....༻꧁✰𖦹✰꧂༺.....

Caspian eyed the sun that was starting to peek over the horizon, they had been quiet for a while now, basking in the peace before all the Marines, and Shells Town woke up. Caspian spoke again, asking the question that was on the tip of his tongue for the past two hours "What's your name?"

The bounty hunter looked to the side, over his shoulder at Caspian, who was sat next to his barred window, eyeing the moss haired man with curiosity. "Roronoa Zoro." The bounty hunter, Zoro, told Caspian "How about you?"
Caspian managed a weak smile "Reed Caspian."

Caspian then curled up in a ball on the mat on the floor of his prison. He felt guilty though, because Zoro had to stay standing up. Tiredness eventually took over Caspian, and he drifted off to sleep, drawing his conversation with Zoro to a close.

.....༻꧁✰𖦹✰꧂༺.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.....༻꧁✰𖦹✰꧂༺.....

A/N: Thank you for reading <3

.....༻꧁✰𖦹✰꧂༺.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.....༻꧁✰𖦹✰꧂༺.....