Chapter 15: It's Nice to Have A Friend

Welcome back to another monthly installment of 'Starburst'. I can't believe it's April already, but this chapter (and the next chapter) are based on Weightless's chapter 7 (one of my favorite chapters for many reasons). Get ready for friendship fluff and mild dose of angst (and also mentions of food)

Disclaimer: I do not own 'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' or Ten from "Weightless". Ten, Joshua, Vernon and Jeonghan belong to my friend @zealous_light. I only own my original characters. Enjoy the chapter.

— — — — — — — — — — — —

After the disastrous event that is known as "Senior Year Homecoming Dance", all Ten wanted to do was just spend the entire weekend at home and do nothing.

...Unfortunately, he forgot that his friends are all extroverts who care about him a bit too much.

His phone starts ringing, and he picks up.

"Open up, I'm here with Hansol and Shua!" Jeonghan called out. His voice booming from both the phone. The three friends were standing outside the living room window of which Ten had been sitting next to.

'Note to self: close the curtains next time you're home alone.' Ten reminded himself.

"What brings you by today?" Tens sighed, opening the door for his friends to enter.

"Kimbap," Jeonghan held up a container of food, "made fresh this morning."

Right now, he's reminding Ten of the Evil Queen from Snow White trying to charm his way into the 7 Dwarves cottage with the poison apple.

Hhm yes, food, the fastest way to bribe your way into Ten's life.

"Will EJ join us?" Jeonghan looked around. Usually EJ would be around Ten's place to play with his pet cats.

"He's with his water polo team. It's one of the team member's birthdays." Ten informed them.

"Did he get his car back?" Jeonghan asked. He remembered driving EJ, Ten and Cress back from the dance last night so EJ must've left his car there at school.

"He went on a morning jog to school to collect his car, so he won't be back until the evening." Ten replied.

"That's a shame, we packed more tuna kimbap for him." Joshua shook his head.

"We can keep some for him later," Ten waved it off.

— — — — — — — — — — — —

A few minutes later, they heard rhythmic knocking outside.

"Could that be him?" Vernon wondered.

"Door's unlocked, Cress." Ten called back from the coffee table.

"How'd you know it's her?" Jeonghan raised an eyebrow.

"That's her secret door knock." Ten explained. She came up with an elaborate one and showed it to Ten and EJ when they were 13.

"Open up, Tenny. I know where you live!" the door started knocking loudly.

"And that." Ten nodded his head at her voice.

"Good morning, the platonic love of my life!" Cress declared, barging into Ten's house with a container under her left arm. She took off her shoes by the door and walked in.

Jeonghan greeted her by flailing his hands and waving at her like he was a balloon at those car dealerships.

"Cressie! Did you do something new with your hair?" Jeonghan exclaimed, as Cress preened at his compliments.