Chapter 10: Rehearsals and Rogue Rodents

I can't believe it's November already, and time for a monthly installment of 'Starburst'. We're now officially in Season 1 Episode 4 'Blocking' (which is something Cress wishes she could do to Ricky at their group chats)

Disclaimer: I do not own 'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' or Ten from "Weightless". Ten and Jeonghan belong to my friend @zealous_light. I only own my original characters. Enjoy the chapter.

— — — — — — — — — —

Instead of spending the rest of the rehearsals dealing with the aftermath of EJ and Ricky's drama (and thanks to Ten's suggestion), Cress was making props with Big Red and helping Kourtney sort through the wardrobe. Probably a good thing too.

"What about this one?" Kourtney held out a green blouse.

"I think my sister Cali has one of those blouses, so yeah it fits the HSM1 aesthetic." Cress nodded. She has lots of siblings with tremendous age gaps, so she's the semi-reliable Y2K fashion consultant for the Junior.

"Did ANYBODY wear this in 2005?" Kourtney held out a pineapple costume with arm's reach.

"Unless Spongebob Squarepants and that weird Pineapple princess song from HSM2 had an ugly love child, no. Burn it over a bonfire, PLEASE AND THANK YOU!" Cress shook her head in disgust.

Big Red snorted a bit at Cress's witty remark, Kourtney held back an amused smile as well.

"Ok everyone, rehearsals for today are officially over. See you tomorrow!" Miss Jenn clapped her hands and announced.

"FREEDOM!" Cress roared happily as she charged out of the rehearsal room.

"Careful, you're gonna trip over your shoelaces again, Kormos." Kaison called out from her side.

"It's fine, Kais! I am great at landing on my feet." Cress retorted playfully, elbowing the taller Junior by the arm.

Ten didn't miss out the way Kaison seemed to blush at Cress's physical affection. Oh boy, looks like another poor soul has developed a crush on his friend.

"Cress, you still need to apologize to Ricky for hitting him with a ball." Ten nudged Cress forward to Ricky Bowen's direction.

"Fine." Cress folded her arms in front of her chest, incredibly reluctant to even apologize for 'accidentally' injuring Ricky.

"I apologize for my behavior earlier. I (will try to) promise to never do it again." Cress held back a curse as she reluctantly apologized to Ricky Bowen.

"Oh that's cool." Ricky blinked slowly (since this Senior was pissed at him an hour ago), but accepted the apology, nonetheless. He quickly proceeded to flee because it's probably for the best.

Here's the thing about Cress: if a Kormos truly and deeply loathes you with a passion, they hold onto that grudge forever and will only apologize ONCE. Nothing moves beyond that or you're practically dead to them.

Somehow, Ricky Bowen has earned himself a spot on her blacklist and it's only the SECOND WEEK OF SCHOOL!

"You did the right thing, Cress." Cress felt a familiar hand on her shoulder. Her nerves slowly faded. She unclenched her fists, letting out a frustrated sigh after Ricky was out of her sight.

"Here's to hoping EJ's doing the right thing too." Ten muttered under his breath, but Cress heard him nonetheless.

You know it's bad when the most Immoral person he knows (Cress, shockingly) could apologize for her wrongdoings while EJ refuses to do so.