Chapter 4: Watchful trainer.

Comenzar desde el principio

The rhomb stone was dark green in shade, with a black symbol in the middle. The way it was shaped made no sense to the Emanation Pokemon, and the longer he stared at it, the more confused he was getting.

Turning his gaze to the other stone, and Riolu found a strange aura lurking around. That was the one that was glowing. Almost as if... enticing him to grab it. It was orange around the edges, with a red and blue spiral entwining in the middle.

Decidueye wasn't looking. It was his only chance to grab it, touch it, feel the shiny pearl in his tiny paw... He reached out, only to be stopped by a silent voice, by something telling him that it's probably a bad idea.

The aura around it dimmed down as soon as he took his arm back, making it seem like the pearl itself was disappointed. The blue furred Pokemon sighed quietly under his breath and continued looking around.

He was called back to reality as something hard hit against his stomach, landing on him and snapping him out of his daydream. Riolu swiftly opened up his eyes, looking up at his visitor.

It was Decidueye, and it looks like he grew tired of waiting for him to finally come and eat. He was proven right, as not long after showing up, he started talking about how bored he got while waiting for his student.

The Emanation Pokemon turned his eyes over from the sharp beak over to the object that had landed on his stomach. It was a basket, full to the brim with different kinds of berries.

From those he could recognise, Riolu found Oran berries, Sitrus berries, even Leppa berries could be seen here and there. It was really a sight for sore eyes, and it made him shed a tear of joy as he stared at the basket full of food.

"Eat up, and we'll get going. The clouds are over Akala today, so we have about six hours of heat coming our way." Said Decidueye in a firm tone, looking down at his "son".

Though Riolu tries to deny it, the Arrow Quill Pokemon keeps calling him his son. It's not the fact that is unsettles the young Pokemon, more as it just doesn't sound right. A bird being the father of a Riolu?

And so, the Emanation Pokemon keeps referring to the older Pokemon by his name- Cain. That was the name Decidueye told him is his own. When questioned if there was any meaning behind it, he shrugged it off like the wind.

It was almost like he wanted to avoid the subject of his name as much a possible. Riolu returned to the matter some time later after the initial question, but to no avail. He acted like he had said nothing.

After time and time again, the blue furred Pokemon finally stopped asking, growing tired of the constant ignorance from his friend's side. But maybe it was associated with something that he would wish to forget? Only him and the winds know now...

Riolu put another Leppa berry into his mouth, sitting cross-legged on the grass and munching his food eagerly. The mix of all the different flavours fit so well with the soft texture of the small fruit, making it all the better.

Sometimes there was a tinge of spiciness, sometimes it was sourness... The taste was immaculate, and compared to all the different berries he had ever tasted, this one was by far his favourite.

He sighed in delight, swallowing the berry and putting a Sitrus in his mouth. Compared to the previous one, this one was worse by a long shot. It was bland, not as soft as Leppa berries, and had rough edges.

Riolu swallowed the berry after munching on it for some time, shaking his paws lightly as he felt the wounds on them heal. He stared down at the mending bruises and smiled. He then got up off the ground, turning around to face his guardian.

Decidueye continued to stare down at him with a piercing gaze, feeling judgemental in its own way. The Emanation Pokemon shuddered and nodded to himself. "Alright, we can go. Where to today?"