"I'm sure you'll do great." Alexis smiled reassuringly, but really, she didn't know what result her brother would actually get.

She always thought Oscar was a brilliant driver; he'd proved that his whole career. But now he was in the big league, up against the best drivers in the world. He hadn't made good lap times as of yet in the practice sessions and Alexis was praying for a good first result in qualifying for him.

The trio made their way back to the McLaren garage, Oscar busying himself with chatting to the engineers and strategists of the team while Lily quickly ran to the bathroom, so Alexis was alone. She wandered through the garage, being careful to stay out of the way whilst she inspected the place.

As she walked through the hallway, she heard music playing from one of the rooms, drawing her closer. Alexis listened from afar, and before she knew it her feet were taking her to stand in the doorway, as she saw Lando sat on the small couch in his driver room. His face broke out into a grin when he saw her, beckoning her to come in and close the door behind her.

Alexis did exactly that and walked in, standing before him as he stayed seated. He turned the music down on his phone, the speaker complying as the tune became softer.

"Hey, Norris." Alexis smiled down at him.

Lando patted the spot next to him, and Alexis joined him on the couch. It was quite snug with the pair of them sat there, but neither of them minded.

"How're you feeling?" Alexis asked.

Lando shrugged, "I'm okay."

Lando's body language said otherwise as he fidgeted with his hands in his lap, and before Alexis realised what she was doing, she reached her hands out to hold his. His eyes went from his lap to her face, his facial features immediately softening from creased and stressed to relaxed and content.

"Thanks." Lando mumbled sheepishly.

"It's nothing." Alexis insisted, as one of her thumbs began to draw circles on one of his hands.

Lando sighed, his eyes closing momentarily as he drew a few breaths in and out. Alexis watched him as he did so, her heart swelling at how innocent he looked. She couldn't imagine doing his job; the amount of pressure and danger that was present in his career was frightening enough for her as a spectator.

Alexis slowly removed one of her hands from his, making sure to give the other hand she was holding a squeeze. She wrapped her free arm around his shoulders before she played with his curls, scratching his head gently. Lando then rested his head on her shoulder, leaning into her touch.

He couldn't believe the impact Alexis was having on him after knowing her for such a short amount of time, and how she knew exactly what to do to calm him down and settle his nerves. Lando didn't even have to express in words how he was feeling; she just knew. And he couldn't be more grateful in that moment.

"You'll crush it today, Lan. I know you will." Alexis whispered to him.

"You think so?" Lando responded quietly.

Alexis' chest felt heavy at how he was so obviously doubting himself. If she could take all of his negative thoughts and wear them herself she'd do it in a heartbeat.

"I know so. I promise." Alexis reassured.

Lando didn't say anything, but lifted his head from her shoulder and held up his free hand, pinky extended. Alexis chuckled at him, before she wrapped her pinky around his.

"You've gotta stamp it, too." Lando said, so innocent and child-like, as he lifted his thumb. Alexis copied him, their thumbs meeting above their intertwined pinky fingers.