She loves the stars

I slammed the front door behind me and plopped onto the couch. The place was dark, and it brought down my mood. I opened the curtains to the balcony, and looked out over the hills. The tops of skyscrapers were visible and they were tiny because of how far away they were. It was getting dark, so I made some hot cocoa and made my way to the roof. The stars were always a lot prettier undeterred by the city lights.

I could point out a number of constellations, some that probably weren't real documented ones, granted I did't know most of the names of the real ones either.

"It's a beautiful night out here, huh?"

"Yeah it sure-" I flipped over, surprised, and fell off the roof, hanging on to the gutter by my left hand and covered in cold cocoa.

A boy rushed over and grabbed my right hand, and then my left, helping me back up on to the roof.

"Oh my goodness, are you alright? I didn't mean to startle you. Oh my, I'm so sorry."

'Whoa, whoa. You're fine. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" He looked like he was almost going to cry.

"Yeah, just next time you plan on introducing yourself, I don't suggest on doing it two stories up." I took off my chocolate soaked coat and laid it on the roof.

"I- yeah. I am so sorry."

"Look, I said you were fine, okay? Now, I think you owe me your name."

"My name? My name is Finnigan."

"Hmm. Interesting." I started climbing off the roof.

"Hey, wait! Aren't you going to tell me your name?"

I looked at him for a moment. I assumed his hair was blond with how silver it looked under the moonlight. His features were darkened as he faced me, and I didn't catch a lot of how he looked.

"No." I continued getting off the roof.

"No?"

"Not this time."

"So there will be a next time?"

"It's not personal, but I hope not," I whispered under my breathe.

"Huh?"

"I said probably."

I went back inside and changed into dry clothes. Why haven't I ever seen that boy around here before? Did we get new neighbors? No, my mom would have told me if we did.

There was a note on the counter "I'll be gone when you wake up, so here is money for breakfast. Xoxo, mom."

"You're always gone before I'm up, mom." I mumbled to myself as I stole a few cookies from the jar and slunk off to bed.