7

"Beyoncé don't be a snitch!" Mae-bell screamed bloody murder

"Beyoncé don't be a snitch!" Mae-bell screamed bloody murder. She knew if Daddy found out she would be cooked. All I could do was laugh. Everything about her face was red right now. This is what happens when you do something you have no business doing. "Please?"

"I ain't snitching Anna, but you better make sure they don't find out. Bunny just got in trouble for the same thang. And I got yelled at fa lyin. So imma pretend I ain't seen nothin." I waved her off. Lying for Bunny was my choice because I didn't have to lie although she asked me to. That's not something i'm good at, so the fact that they didn't believe me was no surprise.

I'm not sure what's their problem with boys but they should let it go. Boys aren't even worth the hold up. Especially when you have parents like ours and live where we do.

These small town people don't play bout their girls. They'll lock em in a tower before they let 'em have a boyfriend. Ion blame em. The boys round here don't wanna do nothin but mess lives up. That's all.

"Amelia remember what I said about boys?"

"Never deal wit em! And I ain't Yoncé, they got them cooties."

"Yep. And they'll stress you out real bad." I gave her a high five and she went back to her business. At least I have one on my side. Solange and Anna Mae ain't trynna hear a thang. They in too deep. "You ready for school?"

"Yep. I got my lunch and my key right here."

"Peek out and see if ya bus waiting for ya." I grabbed her backpack as she hopped out the chair. The bus was out there cause I could hear it but it's always fun to have her 'check.'

"They out here Yoncé! Bring my bag!"

I chuckled and went to the front with her bag. She grabbed it with a quickness, hugging me even quicker before running off. The love she has for school will never make sense to me. I agreed to homeschooling quicker than one could blink. Plus it was better to get farm work done.

"Love you Yoncé!"

"Love you too Mel! Have a great day!"

"Alright!" She got on the bus and I went inside to make sure Solange and Anna was fine. I gotta go head down to Bunny so we can get ready for the thing she told me about. I'm a little nervous. This whole riding horses thing has had me fluttery on the inside when thinking about it.

She said there would be cameras and stuff. That doesn't bother me but I don't wanna mess up. I'll run off the whole thing if I mess somethin up. I know for a fact she ain't gon mess up. It's Bunny we're talkin bout.

"I'm bout to head out. Have y'all eaten?"

"Yea we had some cereal and granola Mama made. Where you bout to go?" Solange called herself checking me. Sometimes she forget i'm the oldest, I would assume.

"Ima head over to Bunny. Make sure y'all get some school work done. Don't sit on ya behinds all day."

"Mmhm whatever little miss Beyoncé." Solange giggled making me look at her funny. What's such a joke about that? Sometimes I think these new teenagers aren't right in the head. She giggling like she got a crush or somethin.