Chapter 39- Truly Forgiven

Start from the beginning

"Thank you Jean." She just shrugged and pushed the keys back into her jean pocket.

"Don't worry about it." She smiled as I walked away from her, but just as I reached the door, suddenly she spoke again.

"By the way the Avengers decided on staying here for a while. They said it was for more practical reasons, but the Avengers minds are too unguarded, they're staying here because they want to be close to you. Even if they don't admit it." I chuckled and smiled gently at her.

"Thank you again Jean." She nodded and walked down the doors at the other end of the hall way disappearing as she headed towards the south wing.

I pulled open the wardrobe as I let the towel drop away from my freshly cleaned body, and watched as a bronze and silver haze swirled within. Returning me all my clothes from my other wardrobe, I watched as the wardrobe filled with silks and cottons of multiple colours. I smiled happily as the final item of my wardrobe was my armour. I sighed and pulled out a long royal blue silk dress shirt from the wardrobe and a pair of black skinny jeans out from the draws. I grabbed a royal blue silk bra and matching silk and lace briefs.

I slid my briefs and jeans on, and clipped up my bra and buttoned up my dress shirt. I straightened it, and smiled in my reflection that looked at me at an angle from the wardrobe door. I left my face bare and natural. My silver and green eyes glinted dangerously in the reflection as I pulled out a pair of royal blue heels out from the wardrobe and slid them onto my feet. I looked dead in to my reflections eyes, and saw the mess of curls that had become my hair from the steam of the bath. I grabbed the unruly curls and quickly pinned them up. I smiled at myself and moved away from the mirror.

I locked my door behind me, with a single twist of the key. I pushed the brass key into my pocket and felt my phone materialise in my other. I felt my earphones snake up from my pocket and push themselves in my pocket. I didn't have to press a single thing as I manipulated the electrical energy in my phone to press play.

I nodded my head to the song as I walked down the hall way, to the quickly growing mental and verbal noise. I turned up the volume by manipulating the phone again as I pushed open the west wing doors to reveal the dining hall. It was bustling with life. I watched as the eyes of the Avengers stared at me, it was like Deja vu as I stood there, it was just like when I first became a member of the Avengers, I felt like an outsider, with an extraordinary burden to carry, so exactly the same.

I mentally shook myself as I removed one earphone to welcome Thor's shouting.

"Sister! Sit with us!" he shouted over his tower of Midgardian food. Tony nodded as he struggled to sip his coffee while staring at me. I chuckled and covered my mouth as he spilled half of his mug over his AC/DC T-shirt. He looked down with wide eyes, as I began to laugh hard. Thor and Clint Barton joined me as Tony groaned in frustration.

I sat down on a wooden chair at the head of this table, on my right was Bruce who was heartily eating what looked like spaghetti bolognaise. To my left sat Thor with his mountain of food, which I knew he could easily devour. I chuckled, as Tony sat down defeated by the coffee stain that covered his shirt.

"I can't help it when a beautiful woman walks in!" he exclaimed with a wink towards me as I blushed heavily. I smiled kindly down at him, as Tony smiled back baring his pearly whites for the world to see. I looked down the table to see Steve heartily take a large bite out of his cheeseburger which he clutched with both hands. I chuckled as he caught my eye with a mouth full of food. He quickly swallowed his mouthful and gave me a boyish smile. I smiled back and looked around me.

My heart swelled with happiness. It was painful, but it was worth it. They were my family, they would protect me no matter what happened and I would protect them.