Chapter 1: Well, that blew up in our faces

Start from the beginning

Master Mundi nodded in agreement. "Which is why it is crucial our invasion of Geonosis meets with success."

"And let's avoid the colosseum this time." I added.

"Couldn't agree more." Anakin said, turning to Ahsoka. "Ahsoka, contact the outer rim command. We're ready for our briefing."

Ahsoka gave a thumbs up. "They're already waiting for us."

And so we made our way to the briefing room, the large holo-table already fired up. The large blue holograms of chancellor Palpatine, master Yoda, and master Windu were floating above it, waiting for us to arrive.

"Our ships are in position, and we are ready to begin out campaign against the Geonosians." Obi-wan told them as we all gathered around the holo-table.

"And what about Poggle? Any report on his location?" Master Windu asked.

Obi-wan pulled up a map of the battlefield showing a large droid factory protected by a ray shield. A little east of the factory there was a large canyon before the terrain transformed into a large open space.

"It seems he's holed up at the primary droid foundry here." Obi-wan explained, pointing out the factory on the map. "The factory is protected by a shield generator in the canyon here. Anakin, Ki-Adi, and I shall attempt a three-pronged attack through their defence lines to a staging area just short of the shield."

As he explained the plan, green lines appeared on the map, lighting up the route of each general and their platoon before we would gather in formation at the mouth of the canyon. "Once we have landed, we shall knock out the shield generator. That is our primary target." Obi-wan finished.

I frowned. This wasn't going to be easy, that was for sure. A narrow defence line like that was difficult to break through during even the best circumstances.

"Isn't it risky commuting three generals to one area of attack?" The chancellor voiced his concerns. "If something went wrong, we could be dealt a serious blow."

Yoda hummed in thought, the noise slightly crackly over the transmission. "To ensure that rise again, Geonosis does not, capture Poggle, we must."

"Of course." The chancellor nodded slowly, clearly not entirely sure of the situation. "As always, I shall leave the strategy to you, master Jedi."

Obi-wan smiled slightly. "Our thanks, chancellor."

Master Windu nodded at all of us. "May the force be with you."

Their holograms faded just as the doors to the room slid open, and Cody walked in together with Rex and master Mundi's commander.

"Good, Cody." Obi-wan said to our commander. "These are the coordinates for the rendezvous."

The holo-map warped before it zoomed in on our landing zone right before the mouth of the canyon. A dashed red line appeared behind our landing zone as well, indicating the first defence line of the separatists.

"Yes sir. When we hit the ground, we'll create a perimeter there." Cody pointed at the green square on the map. "Getting past their defences here will be the trick. General Mundi will come across the defensive lines from the north. We will make our assault through the middle. General Skywalker will make his attack on the defensive lines from the south. We will meet at the rendezvous point at 0700 exactly."

"So we get the bumpiest ride, huh?" I muttered.

Anakin playfully shook his head at me before pointing at the map again. "If we meet with strong resistance and are forced away from the landing zone, hold out until we join our forces before attacking the shield generator."