Chapter 27

Y'all keep commenting I love reading them xx

Amari K. Mf Sanders

First person pov:

Paige and I are in her car listening to "Survivor" by YoungBoy Never Broke Again. She hasn't told me where we are going. Am I nervous? Of course. Is she gon know? No tf.

"What's wrong?" Said Paige out of the blue.

"Nothing, why?" I reply.

"You look nervous"

Mane I thought I was slick.

"Oh. Well I'm not"

"Mkkk you can tell me though."

"I know but seriously nothing wrong"

"Are you nervous because this is our first date?"

"Maybee.."

She giggled "You gon be alright ma"

She gon get me everytime. I love my seasoned pasta and lobster 😩.

I didn't say anything I just pulled down the mirror and fixed my lashes. About 20 minutes later we pull up to.. the arcade.

"Omg Paige"

"I know you wanted to go here since you Neva been"

"I'm already excited"

She turned off the car and got out running to come open up my door.

"Thank youu"

"Anytime"

We started walking to the door. We were holding hands. I think this is the first time we have ever held hands before.

Click

Paige and I turn our heads to the sound. Horrified we quickly let go of each other's hands. Paparazzi. You've got to be kidding me. We kept walking with our heads down. The vibes are off now..damn. We opens the door for me and we walk to the counter checking in or whatever. She hands me my card.

"Where do you want to go first?" She said.

"Umm there" I pointed to the basketball game.

Paige let out a soft laugh. She grabbed my hand and lead me to the game. She swiped her card on both games.

"I bet 20 dollars I'll get the higher score"

"You better have my 20 ready"

"Oh girl we gon see"

The game started, we have 60 seconds. I wasn't worried about Paige. I was focused on beating her. I'm very very competitive by the way. There's no wayyy she's winning. I already got 14 points let's goooo! I hear a frustrated groan from Paige. She has 8 points. Yeah baby 😜. Oh shit I missed never-mind. She was slowly catching up. We have 30 seconds left. It was 30-36. Paige was winning. One thing about me I'm not finna take an L especially when money is involved. 11 seconds left and we are basically tied. Paige reaches her leg out and kicks me. Not hard but she messed up my shot. I look at her with disbelief. Oh that's how we playing. Okayy remember that. The game ends and Paige won by 6 points.

"That's what I'm talking about!" She exclaimed.

I side eye her. "Shut up you literally cheated."

"Nu uh"

"Yuh huh"

"Nu uh"

"Yuh- you know what? How you gon tell me? You kicked me!"

"I don't recall that" she said with a stupid smirk on her face.

"Sure buddy" I say crossing my arms.

"You don't have to pay me"

"I wasn't going to in the first place"

"Oh okayy" she said laughing

We keep playing other games and she keeps beating me. I hate a cheating hoe. I sigh frustrated.

"you suck ass Amari"

"Aw shut up" I say looking for another game to play.

"Let's go play that shooting game"

"Fine with me" she says shrugging her shoulders and following me closely.

"You think you're gonna win?" She asks.

"Yes" I say

"We'll see about that" she laughs.

Nothings gonna be funny when I whoop yo ass.

The game began and I started shooting at the different animals. Tell me why I didn't hit at least one..yikes.

"You don't know how to aim properly" Paige says

" yes I do it's just the game" I roll my eyes. Matter fact it's all the games.

I feel Paige come up behind me. I feel her breathing down my neck. It gave me chills. I tried to ignore her and continue to focus on the game. She put her hands over mine. She pulls the trigger and it's hits the deer perfectly. Ain't no wayyy. She does the same things to a bear. After a couple of shots winner flashes on the screen.

"There" she says in my ear. "You win"

"Thank you P" I say smiling.

Lord the chokehold she had on me.

She blushes and smiles back at me.

"Of course"

Suddenly a pink bear catches my eye. I gasp loudly.

"What?" She asked concerned.

"Look" I say pointing over her shoulder.

"What? The bear? You want it?"

"Yes please"

"Ight ima win it for you"

Princess treatment 😩

She leads me to the game and starts playing. She starts off good but when she goes to grab it she doesn't get it. Oh..umm.. she tries again like five different times. Babes I think it's time to give up. This is embarrassing for us both. She finally gets it.

"Eighth times a charm I guess" she says.

She hands me the bear. And let me tell you it's literally fucking huge. I smile ear to ear and give her a big hug. She lifts me off the ground spinning us. We both giggle like idiots. We end the day taking pictures in the Photo Booth. We were doing all sorts of poses. But I didn't know what to do for the last picture. Then I feel Paige's lips on mine.

Click

But this time when we both heard the click sound it wasn't like earlier. This time the vibes were good. Like really good.

Euphoric even.