Death Decree

“I want them dead! All of them dead!”, Naxes ordered his commander, “These Norsans think I am a joke to them!”, he questioned hysterically, “Every spy under the Norsan name I want them captured.” He clarified. “Go general…”, “But your highness we cannot take lives without your approval decree?”, general Poex asked his highness humbly aware he cut his majesty short of his sentence a crime punishable by banishment. “Bring me the lion seal!” he ordered his servant, the young man of the third tribe rumored to be a bastard son of one of the high officials in Naxes’s council adhered, “Bring me the scroll of Fire.”, he asked again gently this time, the servant rushed for the scroll was in the council room, closing the door behind him the king sought to engage a conversation with his general while his servant was at it. “So do you think you can handle them?”, Naxes questioned his general, his experience in battle and countless victories over conquering expedition on other planets made him have the rank, “I have captured planets under our flag… killed bears to guard our regions…”, he paused short of boasting himself, “Getting rid of spies is a joy ride for me.” He finished terminating his part of the conversation. At five foot tall, the young servant in the council room was working, struggling to reach the top shelf, most six-foot guards normally stood on short stools to reach the needed more than that. “Do not disappoint me!”, this recurring warning that haunted his insides since the day he became Naxes servant, since his father unwillingly put him in this position after all his sons were recruited into the king’s army, disappointment was death for him, the guillotine was his next and last stop. “Aaaah!” he groaned, desperate he sought to climb up the shelf, however his unaware that the wooden structure was older than he was, weaker than he was, more fragile than glass itself, the mere touch of his toe nails made a crack, the increasing pressure made more screeches till eventually, “Blam!”, the whole shelf, a structure of centuries of age, home to termites and shelters for moths crumbled down. the echo blasted through to the throne room, Naxes aware of the commotion was disappointed in the man, dusty gold like dust covered him, his robe powdered dark brown, his sight erased the king’s disappointment into a chuckle, eventually he rethought the act of chopping some of his fingers and instead leave him be, “He brought the scroll, hasn’t he? And at five foot tall?” the king’s analyzing of the servant’s height maximized the clowness in the room and clarified to forgive the servant.

“I have signed with royal decree and the seal of the lion’s paw.”, he paused, his seal a mixture of gold dust and gooey wood ash encrusted on the seal, “Exterminate the spies.”, he ordered terror in his voice, amidst his dust the servant pictured Naxes differently, instead of the man of power he was sitting on a 2 person seat engraved with gold handles, a cushion made of the finest silk and woven cotton puffs, he saw the demon Heids, with the power over hell unleashing terror over all the land. “As you say my king.”, Poex gracefully thanked the king, the young servant turned to Poex, his strides shook the realm of Hades itself, Ares he named him, the god of war, “Stop embarrassing me!”, his father hissed at him snapping him from his psychic zooning. “I’m sorry fat…”, “Give him a break.”, Naxes interrupted the escalating situation between embarrassed father and covered in wood dust and termite eggs in his ears, “Go wash yourself lad.”, Naxes ordered the young boy, bowing slightly as a sign of gratitude he took his leave but he could sense it. His mother was a bar tender, he could feel the disgust in his eyes, the glare his mother had when he told him he was the father, so fleeing across the room to the far exit at the left, closing the door behind him he still could feel his father’s hate dawn him, haunt him like the shadow trailing behind him.

“Give me two Renian meat eggs and one Xernic sauce.” She asked the lady, “You cooking for someone?”, the sales lady asked her client, dressed in tight soldier like jeans, a waist top with a top short sleeved jacket, “My son.”, she answered glad she asked. “I have a son too he loves these ever tried with black desert pepper?”, the sales lady her name locally known as Lady Fruits asked intruded by her connection with her client, a mother-to-mother connection. “Not yet my son has allergies to spicy ingredients.” She answered reaching out to scan some eggplants piled besides the blue watermelon sized mangoes, “Mine does too but I neutralize the acidity.”, Fruits responded to her client’s worry for her son’s safety. Handing her client her goods, she felt the two silvers and five coppers fall on her palm, “This helps reduce the acidity.”, she responded reaching for pink like eggplants aside from the one’s her client was perusing. “How much for it then!” she asked chucklingly, the two laughed briefly before Fruits continued to entice her client into buying the alien ingredients. “After the meat eggs are ready, pour the normal amount of sauce and the eggplant…”, “Honk!”, the trumpet sounded in the middle of the street. Cars were halted, drivers who resisted were face palmed leaving the nose bleed shush them, clearing his throat, the messenger Ser Trion unveiled the message. The magnetic reader they called it, a square like device used by the likes of Trion to spread the king’s message over the lands, mostly software like, the device was pulled on its front edges expanding it from a clamped two metal pieces to a square like figure within it a holographic figure of the message mostly in blue though it varied with the type of message.