and i know when i need it (i can count on you)

"Do you want one, [Name]?" Kugisaki asked her hand already on a can from the vending machine's slot that she just had paid for.

[Name] glanced at the options, scanning for their favorite drink after their tough spar with Maki earlier. Losing to her again had dealt a blow to their pride, but they were determined to improve. Maki had insisted they use only their weapon during the spar, emphasizing the need to master it for future battles as it didn't take too much for them to use their cursed technique. Unless they pull out the big guns but for that, they need to be really in danger.

Their eyes lit up when they spotted their favorite drink in the vending machine. "Yes, I do," they replied eagerly. Their hand moved to their pocket to take money out from the pocket of their tracksuit sweater, but Kugisaki waved them off. They raised an eyebrow, thinking she was going to buy them it instead, but snorted when she turned to Fushiguro, her hand held out, making a 'gimmie gimmie' gesture.

Fushiguro raised an eyebrow at Kugisaki's gesture, clearly unimpressed.

Kugisaki huffed, her expression turning sour. "Seriously? You expect [Name] to pay for it?"

He responded dryly, "Well, why don't you buy it for them then?"

Her expression darkened, and she glared at him. "Say that again?"

[Name] felt a pang of panic, quickly trying to diffuse the tension, waving their hands in the air. "Oh, it's okay! I can pay for it myself."

But Kugisaki's stern gaze made them back down, their laughter sounding awkward as they shifted uncomfortably. Fushiguro sighed, rubbing the side of his neck with a tired expression, rolling his eyes at the escalating situation.

He strode past Kugisaki, ignoring her glare completely. [Name] observed as he inserted coins into the vending machine and pressed a button. Their eyes widened slightly, a faint blush creeping onto their cheeks as he handed them their favorite drink. They felt butterflies in their stomach as he clearly noticed what they liked.

"Thanks, Fushiguro..." [Name] murmured softly, taking the can from him delicately. His ears tinged pink as their fingers brushed while passing the can.

He cleared his throat. "It's no big deal. And just so you know, I didn't do it because Kugisaki told me to." The unspoken words "I wanted to" hung in the air, though [Name] heard them loud and clear.

They grinned at him. "I'll make sure to repay you next time!"

Fushiguro chuckled and flicked their head lightly, gaining a playful "ouch" from [Name] as they rubbed the spot where he touched them.

"You really don't have to repay me," he insisted. "I didn't do it expecting anything in return."

Kugisaki sighed, kicking the vending machine out of frustration. She couldn't help feeling a pang of jealousy as she watched [Name] interact with Fushiguro. She really planned for them to smile at her instead. "Man, couldn't they put in a few more vending machines..."

"They can't." Fushiguro turned to her, stoic now. It made her eyebrow twitch at the cold look from him. It seemed like he only showed warmth and friendly at [Name], which is valid but still. "There are only so many workers who can come in here."

[Name] intervened with a suggestion. "We could always buy some drinks elsewhere later. I have a mini fridge in my room, so you can store them there."

"You're so sweet, [Name]!" Kugisaki's excitement was palpable as she squealed happily, wrapping her arms around [Name]'s shoulders. They blushed furiously as she pressed her cheek against theirs, swaying them both together.