Any strangers who overheard their conversations would really think Yn was really a useless person. Or else, why would her own sister not only not defend her but castigate (reprimand someone severely) her?

Elena maintained a casual expression but internally, she was jubilant (feeling or expressing great happiness and triumph). Even before she arrived, people had already confirmed Yn was not her competition.

The truth would be more obvious after Yn arrived. She would cherish the moments forever when Yn gets laughed at.

(Tactful: having or showing skill and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues.)

Elena loved to surround herself with sensible and tactful and smart people like Aisha. She snaked her hand through Aisha's as she said, "Aisha, I didn't know you were such a righteous person. You would stand with a stranger and not your own sister when you see that she is in the wrong. I find that very admirable. If you don't mind, do you think we could be friends?"

(Righteous: Righteous is an adjective that means virtuous, honorable, or morally right. Being righteous means doing what is right-obeying the law or adhering to morals.)

Aisha was over the moon. After Elena married Taehyung, there would be a lot of benefits waiting for Elena's friends.

Aisha acted pleasantly surprised. "Ms. Choe, it's my honor to be your friend. You have no idea how glad I am right now, I've long since wanted to be your friend."

"You are Zade's aunt, we should have been friends a long time ago," Elena said. She was more than willing to take Aisha as her friend even though the other woman was a few stations lower than her in life.

After all, it was not often she could find someone that hated Yn as much as she did.

Elena asked purposely, "By the way, where is your sister, why haven't I seen her?" Aisha was shocked. "Kimeron Yn is coming?"

Elena faked surprise, adding, "You didn't know? I had Taehyung invite her since this is after all Zade's birthday party. It's only fair that we invite her. I don't want her to feel left out."

"Ms. Choe, that is so nice and thoughtful of you. But I fear my sister won't be gracious enough to accept Ms. Choe's kindness."

"Why not?" Elena said with a frown. If Yn didn't come, her plan would fail.

Aisha lowered her voice and said with much difficulty, "Ms. Choe, there should be no secrets between friends so please don't look down on my family if I tell you this. My sister... hasn't been her best self for the past few years, this kind of setting is not suitable for her. She knows she'll be a laughing stock if she accepts the invitation so she probably won't come."

Elena of course knew how bad Yn's current situation was.

Naturally, she didn't say that but sighed regrettably. "But it's not like we invited her because we want her to be made fun of. As you know, zade hasn't seen his mom for many years..."

"Ms. Choe, I understand and appreciate your kindness, in fact you're the kindest person I've ever known, but I don't think kimeron Yn would have the face to attend this party."

"But Taehyung told me she promised she would be here."

"Really?"

"Really." Elena punctuated with a forceful nod. Aisha suppressed her mounting urge to laugh.

Kimeron Yn agreed to come? She must have gotten a hole through her head. Well, you know what they say, hussies and sluts have to be thick-skinned to survive.