Cheddar

*Readers POV*

Another week had passed and Emma's arm had now fully recovered. During that time, her and Rosa had gotten somewhat closer. They weren't having full conversations, but they now gave a nod when they saw each other at the start of the day. And at the end. The point is, it was a start.

~

It was a regular day at the Nine Nine. Everyone was at their desks, Emma was typing up a report from her recent case, as Jake walked into the bullpen, late as he always was with an envelope in his hand.

"Attention everyone. Say goodbye to the Jake Peralta you know and love, for today is the day I forever change" he smiled.

"Ooh are you finally growing a moustache?" Amy guessed intriguingly.

"No. You know I can't grow one and it's cruel of you to keep bringing it up." He replied to his girlfriend before turning back to the rest of the squad.

"This envelope contains the inheritance my uncle left me." Jake explained, holding up the envelope.
"He died a year ago and was so rich, he had a whole room in his house just to eat in."

"You mean like a dining room?" Gina questioned

"Yeah, but in Manhattan." He revealed

"Oh dang."

"And just because I'm definitely rich now doesn't mean I'm going to forget my roots. You all get something so fire away." He pointed to the group.

"Jake, your friendship is gift enough for me." Boyle accepted.

"Friendship is crap, I want a Ducati Monster 821." Rosa chimed in with her answer.

"Alright! Rosa gets a motorcycle." He smiled before turning around to Emma.

"Em, Any suggestions?"

"Hmm" she hummed in thought. "Maybe a fancy car, like an Aston Martin, or a Mustang or a Bugatti or a-" she listed a few cars before Jake cut her off.

"You know what, just send me a list." He advised as she gave him a thumbs up.

"Ooh cool, I want a sports car too." Amy clasped her hands together, jumping on Emma's idea.

"Come on, you can be honest."

"I want old expensive books, I'll also send you a list." She quickly changed her answer.

"There you go. Now, let's find out what I'm worth." Jake waved the letter around before preparing to open it. "Ah, I'm too nervous to open it, Sarge you do it." He handed the envelope over to Terry before pressing his fingers against his lips.

"Okay. It is..." he began opening it up and pulling out a piece of paper "...stock. One million shares!" Terry read aloud as everyone got excited.

"Oh my God!" Jake cheered.

"Of Blockbuster video stock." The Sergeant continued, revealing the piece of paper as everyone went back to work in disappointment while Jake stood in shock.

"What, is that bad? I still have a blockbuster card." He asked looking around for an answer.

"What happened to Blockbuster?!"