𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 ?

Y/N P.O.V

Sitting here with Adam at my door, he declares that he chose to defy heaven's design for me

Sitting here with Adam at my door, he declares that he chose to defy heaven's design for me. What could compel a person to sacrifice everything for another? I yearned to question him about his decision, but who was I to demand explanations from Adam about his fall from grace? He might claim it wasn't because of me, but no other reason stands for Adam's departure from heaven. He has shown disdain for demons, as I've observed; the day we went shopping, his face betrayed utter revulsion for my kind. He remained silent, yet his expression conveyed all I needed to know.

"So, what am I to do with you now, given that you don't know anyone else and I'm quite certain I'm the only one aware of your presence here? Moreover, what will you do when I'm at work tomorrow? I'm pretty sure you won't venture out into the unknown without me," I said. I made a space for Adam to sleep next to my bed, as it was late, and I live in a one-bedroom apartment. Although I knew it wasn't ideal to have him in the same room, there was no other space available. "I'm sorry there's no room at the moment, but I'll work out a better solution soon, so you won't have to sleep on the floor," I told him. Adam settled on the floor, and I covered him with a blanket to prevent him from getting too cold during the night, as I prefer to keep the room cool due to the constant heat outside.

I closed my eyes, feeling as though someone was grasping my hand. When I glanced at Adam, he was awake, holding my hand. "Sorry, it's been many years since I've had a real sleep. I've been getting only two hours a night for the last 2,000 years. I'll stop so you can sleep," Adam said. I held his hand tightly as I drifted back to sleep, knowing I needed to wake up soon to prepare food before work. Upon awakening, I noticed Adam had risen and placed his blanket and pillow at the foot of the bed. He was sitting in the chair in my room. "Good morning, Adam. I'm about to make breakfast before heading to work, so please take a shower. I'll lay out some clothes for you," I told him. I went to the kitchen, gathered what I needed, and then picked out a set of clothes for Adam that I had kept from an old male demon who once stayed with me.

Twenty minutes had passed, and everything was ready, yet Adam had not emerged. I returned to the room, and upon opening the door, I saw Adam shirtless, his back to me, revealing the scars from where his wings had been seared off and replaced with black ones. "Is everything alright? Breakfast is ready, so please join me when you're finished," I said. I went back to the kitchen, arranged the table for us, and placed everything down. Just as I finished, Adam came out and took a seat. "It's been a while since someone else has prepared a meal for me," Adam remarked.

"You're very welcome. It's been some time since I've cooked for someone else, so I hope you enjoy it. Just so you're aware, I've prepared lunch for you as well, so you won't go hungry while I'm out for the day," I mentioned. As we started to eat, I looked over at Adam, who was creating quite a spectacle. I burst into laughter; I had never seen anyone manage to get food all over their nose in such a way. After 20 minutes, I take a shower and prepare for the day. Work has been stressful lately; last week, an incident occurred where a patient became aggressive with a nurse over medication and attempted an assault but was apprehended.