"morning," says becky, blinking her sleepiness away and covering her yawn with a hand.

still disoriented, freen tilts her head up and rubs her eyes. "what time is it?"

"it's past noon."

freen internally groans, thinking how she wasted her time sleeping instead of staring and appreciating becky in silence.

"what time is your work later?" she asks becky.

"it's my off today."

"oh."

"why do you ask?"

"nothing. just curious."

becky examines the blanket over her. "sorry. i didn't notice i dosed off here. a lot happened in the hospital last night. i was running from ward to ward the entire shift ."

"you can still sleep. i won't be noisy."

becky's body relaxes. she stretches her legs out until they are fully resting on freen's lap. she pulls the blanket over her body. "thank you."

"for?"

"this."

freen says nothing but fixes the blanket to cover becky's entire frame up to her feet.

"i'm flattered. freen sarocha is taking care of me." there's a hint of a smile in becky's voice.

"isn't that the proper thing to do because you're also taking care of me?"

"you mean you would do this to anyone who takes care of you?"

"what do you mean?"

"say for example..." becky looks up, thinking. "namtan. would you do the same thing to her? or doctor love?"

freen narrows her eyes at becky. "you're probably stressed. you're overthinking." she puts her uncasted hand around becky's calf. "just lie down there and relax, okay?"

becky couldn't argue anymore when freen rubs her calf gently, gradually moving her hand up to her knee.

"does that feel better?" asks freen. "you said you were running the entire shift ."

becky chuckles. "yeah. thank you." she raises her leg a bit for freen's easier access. "we used to do this before, remember? whenever you spend your vacation at my place, and i come home to you tired from work."

freen hums. she wants to ask if mew is doing the same thing to relieve becky's stress, but she keeps that at the back of her throat.