Chapter 1: Same Old Routine But...

Start from the beginning

"Well Nathan, ready for another day of a boring life"

I muse to myself before chuckling, since it isn't life that is boring but it's me because of which life seems mundane as I am the aggravator of boredom. Then I exit through the gates, thinking about a new book that came out and which I ordered in advance.

Hope that it will come today otherwise I would die out of frustration, and I certainly didn't want to die as some books in my library were still pending, yes, my only reason to live is novels and maybe that's why I wanted to be a novelist when I came out of the hospital (Five Years Ago) where I enjoyed the narration of doctors.

As I keep walking, I wave at my neighbors who were busy tending to their plants, and they wave at me back probably thinking I am worth something when in reality I am not even worth a dollar or a dime even.

"Oye, wait for me!"

A voice came from my back, making me sigh as I realize, the devil boy is here. A hand wrapped around my shoulder, and I slightly hunch back due to the unexpected force, and I force a breath to leave through my mouth as I look at the one who pushed me.

Markus White, the star football(soccer) player of our school and also my classmate who thinks I am his best friend when in reality I never agreed to this arrangement, but I just went with the flow.

Some advice from the war general of heaven, if you want peace just float with the flow except when peace comes in the equation.

Thank you great, war general of heaven, if I didn't find your narration in that novel I would be lead astray and my peace until I die would be ruined. Finding peace according to me is more important than recovering memories through therapy.

Markus originally had black hair, but he had dyed it so now it is blue in color, pretty uncommon and his eyes are naturally grey like the sky when it is very cloudy or foggy. He has a broad muscular build, but his speed is still undefeated even when he is quite heavy.

"Good morning"

I greet him in my slightly cold tone and still he is smiling when others would be deterred by my attitude.

"Good morning, Nathan, are you excited?"

"Why?"

 "You don't know?"

Ok, now I am confused. Last time I checked there is no special event or occasion today, also he knows that I don't enjoy parties preferring loneliness over friendship so why should I be excited?

"No, I do not"

"Oh! That's why you need to interact more with others instead of being like a rabbit hiding in a burrow."

I slap his head, and he yelps at the sudden pain smiling awkwardly as if he was caught doing something immoral and the one who caught was his parents. 

"Sorry for that rabbit thing, but anyways before you hit me, I meant to say how a new student is transferring to our school today."

"And why would that make me excited when you know that I prefer loneliness?"

He is about to retort and explain his reasons, but then he stops realizing what I said is true and this is why I call him a gorilla with no brains as his only plus point is his physical abilities but not intelligence at all.

"Gosh you are right!"

"I always am."

As we keep walking and talking getting closer to our school, without noticing I bump into someone and thankfully Markus was present to grab the slender hand keeping the person in place.

"So sorry" I quickly apologize with my eyes down to her feet since I feel awkward whenever I look directly into someone's eyes except for this guy Markus.

"No worries"

Oh! so, she is a girl judging by her feminine tone and skirt, but I feel as if I recognize her, so I silently lift my head staring at a beautiful girl with a bright cute smile, she has long flowing black hair and a long eyelash.

She looked like a model, but her innocent blue eyes made my heartbeat faster and my head started to pain. 

"Nathan bro are you okay?"

Markus asked concerned seeing my grimace while the smile of the beautiful girl disappeared as her eyes widened in recognition.

"Nathan?"

She asked drawling out with panic noticeable in her tone and the pain in my head increased. Fuck! HURTS! IT HURTS!

First time writing a romcom story so may be bad, hoping you my dear readers give polite criticism so that I may improve myself more and get confidence to write more.