Chapter 13: The Promise with Ichinose Honami

(A/N: It's Y1V11.5 and Class B)

"Here's the second video," Hoshinomiya-sensei said cheerfully.

On the screen, it showed me sitting on a bench, and it looked like I was waiting for the rain to stop.

"Quite a peaceful opening," Horikita commented.

I nodded.

"Ayanokouji-kun looks so handsome," Satou muttered under her breath. Her cheeks pinkened with a cute expression on her face.

I didn't think it was intentional of her.

Not only Satou, but I also noticed other interesting reactions from other girls.

Karuizawa parted her pink lips slightly while gazing at the scene.

Matsushita bit her lower lips and didn't glance around like usual.

In my peripheral's vision, Airi's face seemed normal until one looked at how tight she was holding the hem of her skirt.

Shinohara, Maezono, and other girls that I could observe practically had similar behaviors.

Haruka sat behind me, so I couldn't check unless I had a good reason to turn around.

I didn't expect the image of me sitting on a bench could cause these reactions.

This is uncomprehensible.

I stared at the rain outside the window to pass the time.

I'm not productive at all, wasting time like this. But doing this occasionally wasn't so bad.

I did not return to the café. Instead, I randomly sat on a bench to kill time.

After listening to the rain for 20, 30 minutes, I decided to head back.

I picked up my student ID and rented an umbrella from the machine.

Even if I borrowed an umbrella, my lower body, especially below my knees, would still be soaked by the rain. However, it was better than nothing.

"How romantic."

Again, it was Satou muttering.

I couldn't understand how wasting time like this was considered romantic.

And it was even more mind-boggling that the other girls agreed.

"Yeah, if only..."

"I wish he and I..."

"I'm so we—worried about him."

What is there to be worried about me? It's not like I'm standing in the rain.

I initially decided to head straight to the dormitory from here, but after taking one step out of the exit, I spotted a familiar student. Ichinose, amid this torrential rain. She was not holding an umbrella.

It seemed like she had stayed in Keyaki mall ever since our conversation.

There was no sign of her hanging out with her friends, and she was alone.

She must have stayed and thought about a lot of things after parting with us.

"She's been sorting out her thoughts ever since, huh."

'Hou? So she can make that kind of face.' Ryuen smirked. 'Can't wait to see it in person.'

'I almost feel sorry for you, Ichinose-san.' Sakayanagi thought. 'Almost.'