Chapter Two

When I get out of the shower, I quickly slip on a floral dress and a pair of brown slides. The top of the slides look like a knotted braid. I throw on some bracelets and a necklace, before grabbing my shoulder purse and wrapping it around myself. My skin is fairly clear today, minus a few hyperpigmentation spots from old pimples. They tend to go away after putting coco butter and vitamin E oil on at night. 

My dark spots don't really bother me as much as they used to. I just put some mascara on and some lipgloss before I make my way downstairs to wait on my cousins. I did my hair this morning before my flight, so I didn't have to add any extra product to it.

Savannah gives me a cat call when she sees my outfit. 

"Layla say she tryna find a man, okay!" She laughs.

"Very funny," I narrow my eyes at her, "the last time I came here I was so underdressed. So, I wasn't about to make that mistake again. Everybody was walking around on the trip in suits and dresses. Then, you had my dumb self walking in a crop top and high waisted jeans and Vans.'

"I mean we were in high school, we didn't know any better." Savannah chuckles.

"I guess so." I shrug my shoulders. "Who's driving?"

I look between all three of my cousins. 

Gregory says, "I drove to mama's house, so it ain't me."

"And I'ma sip a few drinks." Monica playfully looks down at the ground. "Not me."

"Y'all play so much!" Savannah rolls her eyes. "We the young ones, y'all supposed to be our chauffeurs."

"Girl you are twenty-three, not twelve." Gregory rolls his eyes.

Oh how I have missed the Winston family humor. This makes me feel like we are younger again at our grandma's house. We would stay over our grandma's house all weekend and then wake up for a big Sunday breakfast. Between my siblings and Savannah and her siblings, they would argue so much.

With much protest, Savannah ends up grabbing her keys and we all get into her car to head to the strip. From what I remember, it has tons of shops and restaurants and tourist attractions. It also has a lot of random people dressed up in costumes waiting for tourists to pay and take a picture with them. I also remember the light show in the water, so I hope we stay long enough to see that tonight.

 I also remember the light show in the water, so I hope we stay long enough to see that tonight

We stop and get some food first at Beijing Noodle No. 9. It was so many things to choose from, but I ended up getting the chow mein. We all feed our faces, before we start walking around the strip to see what mischief we can get into.

Gregory and Monica want to do the selfie museum, so that is where we go next. I have actually never been to one of these before. It is definitely a fun experience. I might have to see if there is one just like it when I go back home.