Twd Ch. 11- Secrets

You slowly stir to consiousness and quickly squint your eyes at the bright sunlight shining in from the window.

You stretch your arms out but are not able to move much due to the strong grip from the arms around you.

"No...not...I...no, stop..." The man laying behind you gruffly mumbles

"Hm? You awake?" You say a bit horsely from just waking up

He holds you tighter as his body jolts slightly and he starts mumbling more.

"Hey...hey, whats wrong?" You quickly furrow your eyebrows in concern

He shakes his head a little while continuing mumbling and starts to pant lightly.

"Daryl, wake up. D, wake up, its just a dream" you lightly shake his arms

"No...no, no...no...please..." he shakes his head

"Daryl!" You hit your elbow back against his chest

"No!" He gasped then jolted awake with wide eyes while panting

He had let go of you once he woke up so you quickly turn in his arms to face him.

"Woah, woah, hey, hey, its ok, your ok. It was just a dream, your ok, im here."

He slowly looks up into your eyes with tears in his and still trying to catch his breath.

"See? Im here, everythings ok now." You slowly reach up and cup his face in both your hands

He sighs and closes his eyes, leaning into your touch more.

"S-sorry...stupid nightmare..." he grumbles

"W-what about? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

"...its stupid..." he sighs

"Ok" you say quietly and nod

He looks up at you and swallows then looks away again.

"We...got overunn and we got seperated..." he says quietly

"Oh..."

"I also saw my dad and Merle...as walkers..."

"Oh." You cringe

"I...also was dreaming about something that happened a while back...back when we were still in highschool..."

"Oh? What was it?"

"Your dad...one day after school, after you went inside, your dad came out and saw me walking home, and he was telling me stuff like im not good for you and im a bad influence and other stuff..."

"*sigh* Daryl...like he's one to talk, look at how he was with my mom" you scoff then chuckle

"Yeah..." he looks down

You sit up then pull him to lay his head on your lap while you gently brush your fingers through your hair.

"Your right. It was just a stupid nightmare, none of that is gonna happen, okay? And everything my dad said is wrong, okay?"

He sighs and wraps his arms around your waist.

"C'mon" you start to pull away

He looks up at you confused as you start to stand up but then blushes as he sees your lower naked half, because your tank top covers only down to your upper thighs, and its a bit see through.

He clears his throat then slowly stands up as well while pulling up his zipper and buttoning his jeans.

"We're both filthy and i can't take it" you say and grab your underwear on the ground.